A Squadron of Hercules!

Great flight of Hercs there Matt :) Can we look forward to one in earth and stone maybe? (I remember them when we were in quarters at Colerne in the 70's)

('179 was a horrible loss)

• Thanks 1

Stunning collection of Herks and nicely photographed. 14 more???? I've built one and that takes up a lot of shelf space.

Such a shame they are coming to an end with the RAF, living next to Cambridge Airport for the last 50 years they've been part of my life.

gazza l

• Thanks 1

A collection of amazing builds! It's a great shame that the Herc's retiring soon, after giving such long and faithful service. I guess that's "progress" for you.

The colourful tail version looks particularly good. 

Thanks for sharing with us.

Chris.   

• Thanks 1

Wow! Very impressive collection indeed. To be honest I don't know how you kept the motivation to produce 'similar' models over and over (especially in this large scale) but they do look fantastic. The work on the interior is just superb and the faded green paintwork is spot on....very realistic as per the actual aircraft. A fitting tribute to a faithful workhorse....it will be sorely missed and unless I'm not seeing a 'bigger picture' in my opinion being retired waaaay too early 😕

• Thanks 1

Lovely collection building. A record of historical accuracy. Is there a plan for the models to end up on display together in a public setting?

I do hope so, because in a few years time, the spirit and focus of the people flying and working on these aircraft will be dispersed and otherwise lost to time.

• Thanks 1

Fabulous collection. I too admire your dedication to the Herc, to do so many in similar paintwork. I have one in the stash and have been wondering whether to get the Eduard sets, seeing your various builds has helped the decision. Great work.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pinback said:

Great flight of Hercs there Matt :) Can we look forward to one in earth and stone maybe? (I remember them when we were in quarters at Colerne in the 70's)

('179 was a horrible loss)

Many Thanks 🙂

I have an old airfix kit that I was thinking about doing as a chocolate bomber.

I think the older kit will suit the classic scheme, especially with Land Rover and Bloodhound missile parked up next to her.

Matt

• Like 1

10 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Wow! Very impressive collection indeed. To be honest I don't know how you kept the motivation to produce 'similar' models over and over (especially in this large scale) but they do look fantastic. The work on the interior is just superb and the faded green paintwork is spot on....very realistic as per the actual aircraft. A fitting tribute to a faithful workhorse....it will be sorely missed and unless I'm not seeing a 'bigger picture' in my opinion being retired waaaay too early 😕

I think it is some form of illness or addiction! 🤣

I have tried to do something a bit different on each build, so that helps break down the sameness a fair bit. There are some interesting interior builds coming up on the pile, some I am already regretting agreeing too, that will sure break the monotony🥴🤣

Many Thanks, have been having fun trying to perfect the faded patchwork effect Albert has.

Matt

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looks like somebody  knows his job :thumbsup:

You will need a real one to transport them all ;)

11 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Stunning builds from someone who obviously has an intimate knowledge and love of the type! 

After 22 years working on the old girls they are in my blood now!

10 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Great work!

You have made me very nostalgic for my days on the Herc. Can I have a model please? 🙂 I didn't realise they were on the way out. I didn't realise that the RAF could possibly operate without them!

You may have to join the queue, curently at 14 in the pile, not including my own!! 😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, neilspen said:

Fabulous collection. I too admire your dedication to the Herc, to do so many in similar paintwork. I have one in the stash and have been wondering whether to get the Eduard sets, seeing your various builds has helped the decision. Great work.

Cant rate the eduard cargo bay parts highly enough. Not sure you would see much of the flight deck set, but if you are having an open ramp then an essential!

Matt