VF-5A Fuerza Aérea Venezolana

Luke1199

7 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

That paint looks like a good, and you seem to be spraying freehand?
Nice!

I'm just handpainting the camouflage, got some new brushes which are a joy to paint with compared to our old ones 😅

• Like 2

Hi all, finally got the dark green down. Need to touch up a few areas but that's the hard part done.

20220907_193349

20220907_193330

Wing tanks are up next and I also need to blend the scheme along the fuselage then it's on to the undercarriage. 

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, hectic couple of weeks as I've just started a new job but I'm getting back into the swing of things and intent on finishing this F-5 before the 16th.

I've painted the wheel wells and gear doors (still on the sprue)

20220924_142423

I've also started painting the wing tanks and blending the camouflage along the fuselage (though I can't find the light green I used at the moment so that'll have to wait). The engine nozzles are also on now, just a touch up needed where the silver has gone astray.

20220924_192940

20220924_192949

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, home stretch now. The gear is on now along with (some) of the gear doors, the blending of the camouflage is also done along the fuselage which was quite challenging to do but came out decent.

20221005_202513

Giving it a gloss and leaving it overnight then i can hopefully get the decals on tomorrow. Then its just the front gear to do, anyone who saw my dads build will know how weak the front gear is on this kit so just one final hurdle to jump 😅

Thanks for looking in! 

• Like 9

Hi all, last post before this goes in the gallery. Just a few finishing touches needed now, front gear is on too now and will hopefully set overnight. Decals went on lovely and gave it a light panel line wash.

Overall very happy with this build, kit was challenging at times but I can't knock the final product, it goes together quite well in the end.

20221009_003904

20221009_003916

Thanks to all who've followed along and left comments, and thanks to @Robert Stuart and @modelling minion for hosting- my first GB has been a great experience and its been great to see what everyone else has built. Wasn't even a massive fan of the F-5 when I started but that's definitely changed now! 

Thanks for looking in! 

• Like 9