French curves?

Bozothenutter

If you're looking for some, a local art supply shop may have them.

FWIW, while I do have those and some ship curves, I now do all that type of work in Inkscape. Whether I'm drawing something for paper, decals, or masks. 

• 2 weeks later...

🤔 so IF I get a vinyl cutter, I'd be able to make them kit specific. 

Another reason to get one...😈

One specific use case I have is the front fillet which sometimes needs re-engraving. (Difficult due to it being a 3D curve)

Here is a early version of the tail stabilizer on a USN Mk13 torpedo. These were apparently used during by VT-8 in the Battle of Midway. The torpedo is from Brengun; it includes the (nose) drag ring, production tail stabilizer, and tail ring.

TBD-Mk13_9.jpg

Here are the several generations of test parts. While my original version Silhouette Portrait readily cuts paper, tape, and vinyl, it can only score 10 mil plastic sheet.

TBD-Mk13_7.jpg

Below is final actual Inkscape pattern. One the left is the 3-part master, with 2 rectangles and a complex shape with 2 Bezier curves and 4 straight segments. The red lines are guidelines to maintain symmetry. The master is composed of multiple parts so I could readily adjust the shapes as I tested each version. The right 2 patterns are what I cut after Inkscape combined (union) the 3 parts of the master shape. By keeping the master pattern, guidelines, and cut parts in different layers, I'm able to readily manage the trial process.

Mk13-Stabilizer.png

Multiple layers are also useful for decals and masks as I can the cut or print the specific items I want without unduly wasting material.

HTH

-- 

dnl