Another Lynx? AH-7

I am running out of time for the Airfix cup dateline. Finally completed the tiger tail and decals. The long decals of the rotor blades leading edges are such a pain to apply that I decided to paint it rather than trying to position the decals to match both bottom and top.

spacer.png

Can’t help dry fitting the helo to the structure at this point to see how the whole thing looks.

Some soil and grass work needed before it’s complete for the diorama base.

spacer.png

• Like 5

I have never worked so hard to build model until now. Just had to take leave from work today for building the Lynx, Airfix Cup submission is Friday!

Since I have to mask 8 times for the rotor blades, I reckon it’s worth spending some time to make a template for the leading edge pattern.

spacer.png

Went to the shop and bought some grass for the diorama base. I thought it was a great idea to use big grain salt for pebbles and paid for the mistake. Salt melted and kept the diorama ground wet. Anyway, I tried, with my first time grass planting skill to cover up the unsightly “soil” and completed the diorama base.

Painted the crew and assembled some parts left out during the build. 
Finally, I completed the Lynx…..literally at the stroke of midnight. There are some defects for my first completed model this year, and after more than 20 years of not building any.

I am happy with the final result and glad that I pulled it through.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I shall post this completed work in RFI  -

after my Hokkaido winter holiday, coming up next week. Signing off this work in progress, after 4 months of work.

Edited by Cklasse
  • Like 9