Desert Storm F-15C *** Finished!

19 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Hope the dogga appreciates the sacrifice you made of time away from the bench to get his walk! 

To be honest Gerard, having a young dog has been the biggest distraction from modelling ever, far worse than kids! But wouldn't have it any other way, he's a super little fella and I'm probably far fitter and healthier than otherwise. I have to be super careful at the bench, if I drop something he's usually far quicker then the carpet monster at making it disappear!

19 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

This really does look superb Charlie, a fantastic result in the making.

Thanks! Getting there and enjoying the closing stages. A few more things to do and a little bit of weathering, though not too much as the photos show the F-15 was a pretty clean plane, much more so than the F-4 Phantoms.

Cheers,

• Like 1

The build is creeping towards completion, a good thing too as time's running out even with Enzo's extension.

The HUD is now done. I filled the bottom lens of the Eduard frame with a coat of silver, a coat of Tamiya X25 Clear Green and then multiple coats of acrylic gloss varnish. The clear HUD lenses were glued with PVA.

Dscf4014

Dscf4013

Dscf4005

Dscf4003

Next, the front screen and canopy. Back soon.

Cheers,

• Like 7

• Johnson changed the title to Desert Storm F-15C *** Head Up Display

Nearly there.

Missiles loaded and canopy balanced to see how it looks;

y4mCgHiy8unufBt3bbipCl2s0grgbw373blQtuaK

y4mTN5J9nwfY35W0OQuJLykm6ZXirI_uiZaw0rV0

A few stains on the engine housing. F-15s were pretty clean and my weathering skills are non-existent.

Just a few more touches, should make the gallery on Sunday.

Cheers,

• Like 6

• Johnson changed the title to Desert Storm F-15C *** Ordnance loaded
12 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

it really does look terrific, loaded up and ready for action.

Thanks Gerard. I may add the two wing tanks to see how they look. Out all day tomorrow, finishing touches on Sunday.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Finished! :yahoo:

y4mZOE6B2GRRqjuC-Pm4sDDbnAEfXCGtCncIOiKx

y4m4tuW0vjfnlxOhudRTGOskwPihRY-L94eARkTW

y4mHVjNdt88u8eVtzAfBcI61YIr4GMw73t1H5vqj

Well, mostly finished. A few bits and bobs missed, canopy mirrors and hooks and the rear canopy strut that just wouldn't fit, but I wanted get gallery photos in daylight.

As others have found, a difficult model to handle with all the stores on. I knocked a Sidewinder off during the gallery shoot! :angry:

Pleased with the result, a plane I've wanted to build for years.

Many thanks Dennis and Enzo (The Magificent) for a great GB. Looking forward to the next F-15 GB so I can do the F-15E   :)

Cheers,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Johnson changed the title to Desert Storm F-15C *** Finished!
16 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

To my mind that’s the classic F-15 colour scheme/look and yours is beautifully executed

Thanks Gerard. I made up my own mix for the Dark Compass Grey which was pretty unusual for me, but I'm happy with the result.

Cheers,

• Like 1