F-4N VF-161 "Chargers" CAG Bird CVW-5 Midway Hasegawa 1/72

Greetings Folks,

My latest built the Hasegawa F-4N, It was a great kit however some parts the details were so mild that a little sanding it is gone, I guess the mould must have been worn out. Painted using Tamiya XF series. Will keep it short, thank you for watching, cheers.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 41

20 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

The motley weathered Gull Grey really looks the biz, as does the burnt metal around the aft end.  I like those colourful CAG markings as well.

Thank you, really appreciate the kind words mate, cheers

4 hours ago, Pantherhawk27263 said:

That is a nice Phantom and I love the markings. Great job!!!

Thanks Buddy, glad to know you like it, cheers

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 6:44 AM, Sky Keg said:

Tom………another great addition to your growing collection.  Superb and authentic finish. :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks Buddy, Need to have a short nose Phantom with Nam markings which I want to built, hopefully soon. Cheers

20 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Phaboulous Phantom! I do love the worn and weathered paint finish.... very effective indeed. Also love your FG.1...stunning! 

Thank you Mate, glad to know you like it, cheers

4 hours ago, opus999 said:

That's terrific looking!  The weathering is very nice and realistic.  Did you salt weather it?

Thanks Mate, No salt solutions, just post shading with highly diluted colors of what you think might be closed to the ref you are following after that wash with acrylic colors. Cheers

• Like 2

This is an outstanding Navy Phantom! I really like the very realistic weathering you have applied on the wings and the fuselage. The RN Phantom is also cool. Is the latter one the Fujimi kit?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Perfect looking Phantom in my eyes and hard to believe that’s it’s 1/72 looks more like a 1/48. Five star effort with this beauty

Thank you, I generally do 72 scales as 1/48 scale is quite large for my limited real estate but I sure love to do built a 48 scales. Cheers

13 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

This is an outstanding Navy Phantom! I really like the very realistic weathering you have applied on the wings and the fuselage. The RN Phantom is also cool. Is the latter one the Fujimi kit?

Thank you, Mate, glad to know you like it. Yes, it is a Fujimi kit built few years ago, Fujimi's kit I have to say it is one of the finest F-4 kits 72 scales out there even if is almost 3 decades old imho.

13 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Like the softer weathering, you don't the major dark lines on all the panel lines. Just need a nice outdoor picture and you could swear it's the real thing.

Appreciate the kind words, @busnproplinerfan and did outdoor shoot like you mentioned here, hope it is ok
out.jpg

13 hours ago, Parabat said:

Brilliantly done, I too thought it was in a larger scale, not 'gentleman's scale'! Very effective.

Thanks Buddy, I will do a larger one in the future for sure. Cheers

• Like 1