Greetings!

Recently completed from the original 1968 Revell kit.  A beautiful machine, the Boeing SST project was abandoned without any actual aircraft being built, just a full scale mock-up.

There are two complete models included in this kit, one in high-speed cruise configuration, and one in landing configuration.  I completed the high-speed cruise configuration first to be followed later by the landing configuration version in TWA markings..  A simple kit with sparse surface detail and poor parts fit requiring much seam work.  Kit engine parts have been modified with added details from the spares bin.  Kit display stand not used (it supports both models on one base), replaced with custom built display stand with Pan Am logo.  Kit decals from 1968 substituted by superb Pan Am set from DRAWdecal along with some spare decals.

Many thanks for having a look, questions and comments always welcome.

Bill

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Nice! There's something about the Pan Am logo that just screams space age when you see it on a plane like this. 

Thanks for having a look and commenting.   Back in the late 1960's many believed Pan Am would be flying passengers into orbit and to the moon within a few years.  Such optimism back then.

Bill

5 hours ago, mouse808 said:

That looks absolute stunning.  

Thank you! 

19 hours ago, replicant said:

This is clean and cool, Bill!

Many thanks!

16 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Exceptional work on an old kit. Very nicely done.

Thanks!  This old kit has more than a few problems with parts fit, but it is the only (I think) Boeing 2707 SST available in this scale.

Very nice.  I can't wait to see the landing configuration version.  I remember building those many decades ago as a wee child.  Again very cool.

Geoff M

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, Geoffry M said:

Very nice.  I can't wait to see the landing configuration version.  I remember building those many decades ago as a wee child.  Again very cool.

Geoff M

Thanks!  Revell released the kit several times in the 1960's, 1970's and 2006.  The kit first appeared in 1967 with the Boeing house colours, but the Pan Am colour scheme was featured on most of the kit releases including the one I built from 1968.  The landing configuration version includes landing gear and is intended to be displayed on the kit stand along with the supersonic flight version, but I plan on displaying it sitting on the landing gear.

Bill

Edited by Jeddahbill

What scale is it supposed to be? I heard a couple numbers so not sure. I have one of these not built still. This one looks great, imagine if the world did go the way everyone thought back in the '60s.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 2:33 AM, Unfinished project said:

Fantastic 😍looks straight out of an episode of Thunderbirds and as mentioned previously in the thread the Pan-Am colours look great on any aircraft 

Thanks!  The Boeing house colour scheme is also a very attractive colour scheme.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:08 AM, Vesa Jussila said:

Really futuristic. I like this and I always like Pan-Am.

Thank you.  Pan Am seems to always good on so many subjects!

10 hours ago, cifenet said:

Thanks for sharing this model and showing your superb work! 

I can't believe the kit is from 1960s~  Fascinating subject, and you did a great job making this kit look perfect. ;)

Many thanks for the kind words!  Revell offered a wide range of subjects in the 1960's, but many suffered from poorly fitting parts and lack of detail.  This kit needs a great deal of seam work!

7 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Lovely. I remember seeing a depiction of one of these in Aer Lingus markings :)

Many thanks!  DRAWdecal offers 12 different decal sets for this kit.  Maybe they can do one for Aer Lingus!  I would like to have one in the 1980's Saudia scheme!

Bill

18 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

What scale is it supposed to be? I heard a couple numbers so not sure. I have one of these not built still. This one looks great, imagine if the world did go the way everyone thought back in the '60s.

The kit is described as being 1/200 scale and I believe that is correct.  It looks accurate compared to photos of the full size mock-up.

Regards,

Bill

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Many thanks!  DRAWdecal offers 12 different decal sets for this kit.  Maybe they can do one for Aer Lingus!  I would like to have one in the 1980's Saudia scheme!

Bill

It was in an Irish evening newspaper (the Evening Herald I think) and was obviously down to a spot of very wishful thinking.

• Thanks 1