Steve's gone through the Iron curtain.

Hi folk's.with the rest of the year mapped out with GB's I thought I would start a project to fall back into as a break from what's planned

so I picked up a couple of HB's little easykit's for little money to see how they turn out.The twin seater has an Iraq A F scheme and the

single seater I have Syrian marking's in the stash.Despite the easy kit style and cheap prices they do make sone nice little kit's in this'

range.Expanded the thread to include a fitter and Flagon.

20220727_191116

Start in the usual place the cockpit's and we'll see how it goes,I've also an Airfix new tool 15 and a Dragon offering if these two go well.

20220727_191153

• Like 12

Morning folk's started the cockpits,my usual paint and make them look busy with spare decal's,I,m rapidly running out of instrument decal's so you'll

have to excuse the rather "modern" looking ones,let's pretend they had a mid life upgrade! Seat's next.

20220730_122231

20220730_122214

• Like 7

Hi folk's before joining up the fuselage halves they were cleaned up and a few dry runs to iron out any areas of concern.

20220730_162821

Seats painted and harness made out of masking tape is just enough detail for me.

20220730_162152

• Like 10

Evening folk's,It shouldn't be a surprise given the nature of these kits that once the interiors are done it doesn't take long before they are ready for paint,only

a little filler along the wing roots and a gentle sand of the fuselage join was needed.

20220731_201415

• Like 10

Morning folk's undersides were sprayed light blue.

20220802_102717

And uppers masked and sprayed sand.Then I mixed Tamiya's paint to match photo's and three thinned coats of their respective colours were brused

on one more coat of green  on the Syrian single seater should do.Then I need to weather the paint a little.

20220802_102757

• Like 20

Hi Steve,

as long as no time is spent in jazzing up the cockpit, these sweet little kits can be built in no time, and all the fun is in the painting and decals.

These color schemes you chose are exotic alright.

They will look great in your display.

Great show so far!

JR

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Steve,

as long as no time is spent in jazzing up the cockpit, these sweet little kits can be built in no time, and all the fun is in the painting and decals.

These color schemes you chose are exotic alright.

They will look great in your display.

Great show so far!

JR

Thank's Jean,agree these are not the last of this excellent range I'll be building shame it's been year's since HB added any new subjects.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,bit more progress,both are glossed and decalled which was painless although the Syrian marking's were from a Dragon kit and very thin 

but they're on.I ran a wash into the panels which looks fine in this scale I do like HB's detailing of the panels really good for such cheap kits.Here's the

single seater ready for Matt coating.

20220805_101208

• Like 9

I have a couple of these. I think the Mig-15's were probably the best of the Hobbyboss 'Easy kits'.

Several reviews claimed they were the best Mig-15 available at the time of their release. They certainly look the part. I must get mine out and have a go :)

They look great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I have a couple of these. I think the Mig-15's were probably the best of the Hobbyboss 'Easy kits'.

Agree Smudge I'd have to say the F-86 rank's as one of the best in the range too.Really enjoyed their J-10 which was a departure from my usual fare

followed it up with the F-18 which was anothe Easy kit.

20210808_122930

20211009_155316

• Like 6

• stevej60 changed the title to Steve's Mig mania.

Evening folk's,first two completed.An easy build as you'd expect from these little kit's ideal for a weekend build.Change of title as I plan next to have a crack at the Airfix

kit then my bargain Dragon offering picked up for less than three quid on E-bay

20220808_191440

20220808_191533

Here's the parts for the next build;

20220808_192031

• Like 13

55 minutes ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Those Hobbyboss MiG-15s are great little kits. I’ve built quite a few over the years. 

only thing is they are determined tail sitters. There isn’t much space for nose weight. 

Couldn't squeeze anything in at all Ryan their F-86 is the same,hopefully the Dragon and Airfix kits are different I even thought of scratch building a couple

of covers for the intakes and shoving some weight behind!

Hi Steve,

2 great builds! Congrats!!! 

Keep the others coming!

JR

• Like 1

Hi folk's,spotted this on E-bay and got it for a tenner so it will be included in the thread in East German colour's.I spotted an Eastern Express Fitter at the

same time and got it for a fiver,not expecting too much I was delighted to find a great looking and fitting kit in the box the roll continued when I spotted an

Airfix club boxing of their Mig 15/F-86 Sabre and managed to get that for a tenner too!

20220812_094551

• Like 5

• stevej60 changed the title to Steve's gone through the Iron curtain.

Hi folk's yet another change of title I decided as the thread progresses to add a few more types such as the Fitter and Flagon and Fishbed,just secured a 

Flagon and on the prowl for a Mig 21 now.The Eastern Express Fitter is on the bench it's going to be a challenge to be honest but cockpit as busy as I can

get it,fuselage together after a lot of swearing and Oh those swing wings are a nightmare!

20220815_185809

• Like 6

Hi folk's,stuck it out with the Fitter, fuselage together and sanded just had to run a blade over the few panel lines affected,now time to turn to those wing's!

20220817_175435

Cockpit's started in the Mig 15 and 17 just tape harness used along with the kit's decal's good news is nose weight can be squeezed into these two.

20220817_173429

Mig 21 arrived very basic(I believe Hasegawa's kit was the basis) but nice panel lines and I'll replace the seat with something that looks like a seat.

for not much more than the price of a pint I'm not complaining.

20220817_175555

Comes with Finnish decal's but I could do Russian,Polish,Czech and a handfull of other's from spare's.

20220817_175736

• Like 5

Hi folk's, persevered with the fitter,awful experience maybe down to the trouble free Airfix/HB kits and being spoilt but the worst is over hopefully.

20220818_192020

• Like 5

Hi folk's another cheap[e arrived for this project in the form of Pioneer's Flagon,only £7 so no complaints.

20220819_183618

Inside was better than I had expected no detail to mention but clean molding no flash and a dry fit that looks promising.

20220819_183510

• Like 5

Evening folk's, managed more progress on these projects,Fitter has been primed,undersides painted and tonight the base coat light brown applied.

20220825_181503

Also the Mig 15 which will be in Hungarian marking's has had the same treatment.

20220825_181519

And the same for the East German Mig 17 with a PRU style underside and green base coat.

20220825_181550

Now a change of plan as the Flagon is going into this weekends Blitzbuild,also taking a punt on E bay got me Hobbycraft's Frogfoot and I saw a seller

supplying ZTS Plastyk's kit's at just over seven quid posted so took a punt on their Mig 17.I thought worse case it would do as a paint mule but inside

the box is a very nicely molded if simple kit,very Heller like with recessed lines.

20220825_181614

20220825_181727

• Like 7