Zeppelin R Class L31

This afternoon I completed my build of the first of my Mark2 Models R Class builds. Finished as Heinrich Mathy's L31and displayed alongside a fragment of the ship's wreckage. One end of the fragment shows signs of bubbling where the metal had begun to melt.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

164.jpg

167.jpg

165.jpg

PS: I am posting each of the Zeppelin builds separately in order toavoid confusion between them.

• Like 27

4 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Stunning work.

Why did they choose 1:720 ?

No Idea is the short answer to that. I would have thought 1/700 would have been a better bet so as to fit in with the Great War warships available. Even when the range was launched, Trumpeter had their HMS Dreadnought out.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

'Martianesque' is now a thing when it comes to Zeppelins of this quality. Bravo me old Galactic Treasure. 👏

Thank you, me old pantomime dame.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, Martian said:

No Idea is the short answer to that. I would have thought 1/700 would have been a better bet so as to fit in with the Great War warships available. Even when the range was launched, Trumpeter had their HMS Dreadnought out.

Martian 👽

Takom has released the Flyhawk SMS Derfflinger kit together Q Class Zeppelin in 1:72.

Pretty expensive and i build ships only with a full hull. 😑

https://www.scalemates.com/de/kits/takom-sp-7043-sms-derfflinger-1916-sms-luetzow-1916-zeppelin-q-class--1371820

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BerndM said:

Takom has released the Flyhawk SMS Derfflinger kit together Q Class Zeppelin in 1:72.

Pretty expensive and i build ships only with a full hull. 😑

https://www.scalemates.com/de/kits/takom-sp-7043-sms-derfflinger-1916-sms-luetzow-1916-zeppelin-q-class--1371820

And I don't want the ships. However I was watching and in box reviewand I spotted extra parts on the Zeooelin sprues. Are we going to get the Zeppelin released as a separate kit perchance?

Martian 👽

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I didn't realize Zeppelins were colored like that. Learned something.  

The early war ones were mostly left in the original linen used to cover them and what you see is the different colours of the linen. It is very unusual to see a picture of the covering looking one tone. The darker areas on the top of the hulls are where the linen was left undoped in order to allow any hydrogen that had leaked into the space between the gas cells and the hull to escape.

Martian 👽

• Like 3