1/48 F-15E "Lady Liberty" 91-0311

This build started life in the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB build thread here (brief as it is).

I had some issues with the intakes, so built up another fuselage but then the cockpit section wasn't a great fit to the main fuselage so it went on the shelf of shame!

Anyway the troublesome joint has now been smoothed and shouldn't be very noticeable after priming; so this is where the model has got to:

20220728_165231

In the absence of a 25% rule I'm assuming this will be an acceptable entry and it will certainly comply with rule 9 😀

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

This build started life in the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB build thread here (brief as it is).

I had some issues with the intakes, so built up another fuselage but then the cockpit section wasn't a great fit to the main fuselage so it went on the shelf of shame!

Anyway the troublesome joint has now been smoothed and shouldn't be very noticeable after priming; so this is where the model has got to:

20220728_165231

In the absence of a 25% rule I'm assuming this will be an acceptable entry and it will certainly comply with rule 9 😀

Mike

Welcome with your Eagle, usually there is an unwritten rule some hosts allow for a build to continue even over 25%. That is if its a continuation from a previous build. In all honesty I forgot to add the 25% rule into the list. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to show that I haven't been idle -

Canopy has now had seam removed; even with a 12000 micromesh pad the finish wasn't perfect but a coat of Deluxe Materials Looks Like Glass has worked wonders: 

20220813_141847

Whilst giving the canopy a few days before masking it, I've been assembling a few weapons.  I know "Lady Liberty" can't carry them all 🤣 but I have a Revell Eagle painted and waiting for decals and loadout and another Academy Eagle that will probably appear in this GB before too long.

Mike

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Almost ready for decals - just a final coat of gloss needed

2022-10-05_04-28-54

One issue on both aircraft is that the canopy won't sit in the closed position which requires some tape inside the cockpit sides to avoid paint bleed (I'm going to have them open) - the brace across the centre of the canopy frame fouls the shroud for the RIO instrument panel.  Looking closely at my earlier "Nowhere 2 Hide" this has the same problem but I don't remember it.

I've also noticed that the decal sheet doesn't have enough of the "honeycomb" NO STEP signs but too many of the NO PUSH ones - design / layout error?

Mike

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I wouldn't have met yesterday's original deadline:

20221031_145337

In rushing to try to get this over the line (and not noticing the two week extension) I was a bit heavy handed with the matt varnish which has left a rough finish (it's not really noticeable in the photo).

Just the exhausts and a few antennae to put in place.  The masking had been on the canopy a long time and the tape / masks have left some residue, so out with the T-Cut this week.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Well, I wouldn't have met yesterday's original deadline:

20221031_145337

In rushing to try to get this over the line (and not noticing the two week extension) I was a bit heavy handed with the matt varnish which has left a rough finish (it's not really noticeable in the photo).

Just the exhausts and a few antennae to put in place.  The masking had been on the canopy a long time and the tape / masks have left some residue, so out with the T-Cut this week.

Mike

Im sorry that hsppened as this looks great. 

• Like 1