Jaguar GR.1A Operation Granby "Debbie" 1:72

I was based at RAF Coltishall for 15 years, 6 of those on 54(F) Sqn, so I have a bit of a soft spot for the Jaguar, and I have to say, that's one of the best 1/72 Jaguars I've ever seen.  Well done.

Do you have any WiP photos? I'm particularly interested in how you did the flaps and slats.

Thank you mates, that you like it, for me it was big fun!

I love the jag really much, but built the last around 1976...

Next time a Bulls Eye one from Husum 1979 with shark mouth and zapped with german Sq badge, XX732 hopefully!!!!

19 hours ago, rtfxwp said:

I was based at RAF Coltishall for 15 years, 6 of those on 54(F) Sqn, so I have a bit of a soft spot for the Jaguar, and I have to say, that's one of the best 1/72 Jaguars I've ever seen.  Well done.

Do you have any WiP photos? I'm particularly interested in how you did the flaps and slats.

Hello rtfxwp,

Main kit was Revell (Debbie), i used a second (Italeri) kit and an additional Heller Jag A kit to saw out all  the needed additional parts, and detailed them from scratch. So, sorry, no easy solution here...

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 2

Thank you, mates!

Wheels are Aires, cockpit Pavla, pilot PJ, tanks and pylons Hasegawa, AN/ALQ-101 jammer Revell, Phimat  and a lot more is scratched...

That is a really nice Jaguar, love the work on the slats and flaps, I'm hoping Airfix bring us one of these soon with that feature built in!

Rich

• Thanks 1

What a great model! We don't see enough Jags on this forum, so when we get one as nicely done as this it's a special treat. Keep 'em coming!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you mates! So many Jagfans! This makes my day!

On 01/08/2022 at 12:13, JagRigger said:

Very good that, with may subtle things most wouldn't spot ( both spoilers sitting slightly up is one I like - allows one to dip as you roll )

Thank you JagRigger! The  only real one i touched was in 1978 at Erding AB Open Day. No good kit of a Jag is out there, its a pity! I made a new nose because the Italeri/Revell one was too flat. And i made a clear Ferranti LRMTS window, but masked too small. So i changed this again

On 01/08/2022 at 15:33, Terry1954 said:

Lovely looking desert Jaguer, probably one of the best in 1/72 I have yet to see.

Well done!

Terry

Thank you, Terry, next DS is a Tonka

On 01/08/2022 at 17:19, Rich G said:

That is a really nice Jaguar, love the work on the slats and flaps, I'm hoping Airfix bring us one of these soon with that feature built in!

Rich

Yes, and the first good kit of a Jag. Hobby Boss is so awful, i didnt buy.

On 01/08/2022 at 18:36, perdu said:

A brilliant Jag, thanks for it.

Not a model, its a Jag without doubt, but shrunk.

Wow, thank you! Yes, the nose job with bigger(!) nose makes the Jag look much better, relocated fins, changed windscreen, smaller vertical, relocated forward wheel bay and more. All kits look awful if not changed

On 02/08/2022 at 04:28, Navy Bird said:

What a great model! We don't see enough Jags on this forum, so when we get one as nicely done as this it's a special treat. Keep 'em coming!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you Bill, the same for you, hope to see your next gem soon!

21 hours ago, BerndM said:

Smashing build. The extra effort was really woth it.

Thank you Bernd!

I changed so much. But it was big fun. I hope also Airfix will bring one good as the Bucc!

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, replicant said:

Thank you, Terry, next DS is a Tonka

That will be one to look out for, having also seen some of your other excellent builds.

What kit will you use as the basis of the Tonka?

Terry

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

That will be one to look out for, having also seen some of your other excellent builds.

What kit will you use as the basis of the Tonka?

Terry

Thank you Terry,

it will be 1:72 Revell with extras. I think i have a dozen of them in a (at the bottom) 20 year old pile. GRRRRRs and IDeSesss galore. 🙂

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 2