Norm 72 Luftwaffe decals and cross sizes

SoftScience

Hi all, 

Can somebody point me towards a properly sized set of 1/48 Luftwaffe crosses for a norm 72 scheme Phantom? I ordered the WAY TOO EXPENSIVE Peddinghaus Decals set 48 1245 for the JG 74 Phantom, and they only provide you with four malnourished looking crosses and undersized squadron codes that look like they're sized for the more recent Luftwaffe schemes. 

2 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

Hi all, 

Can somebody point me towards a properly sized set of 1/48 Luftwaffe crosses for a norm 72 scheme Phantom? I ordered the WAY TOO EXPENSIVE Peddinghaus Decals set 48 1245 for the JG 74 Phantom, and they only provide you with four malnourished looking crosses and undersized squadron codes that look like they're sized for the more recent Luftwaffe schemes.  And yet the artwork that comes with the decals, clearly shows a Norm 72 machine from 1984. Which is what I was expecting on the sheet! 

As far as I know the best decal sheet for a Norm72 Phantom is the long out of production Airdoc set.

I have one at home and can measure the size of the crosses and the rest you're looking for.

Send me a PM...maybe I have another pair of crosses

Sorry to say, but Peddinghaus is not the best address if you are looking for well researched decals of Luftwaffe or Marineflieger.

The sheet you mentioned is more or less a simple copy of the 1/72 Hasegawa F-4F Phantom decals, including the 38+28 in early Norm 81 scheme during TAM 1984

The size of Norm 72 is 1000mm for the wings (4) and 800mm for the fuselage.The digits are 600mm high.

The Norm 81 early it is 500mm for the wings (4) and fuselage. Digits are 300mm high.

The Norm 81 late it is 400mm for the wings (2) and fuselage. Digits are the same size 300mm high.

The late painted Norm 72 scheme use the same painted stencils and walkways as the early Norm 81 scheme. Easy to identify on pictures, there are much less applied compared to the old transfer stencils (over 1000!)

This is an example of a late painted Norm 72 scheme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1