New Tooled 1/48 B-26 Marauder Announcement

Tokyo Raider

Hi Friends-  a few months ago I read a post here of a company who announced they were working on a new tooled Marauder in 1/48.

Now a buddy of mine wanted to know of this, and now I cant find the post.

Rumormonger is my favorite part of britmodeller, i read it frequently, but now i cant find the post.  It was under a 'company news' post for a company i dont remember, and the marauder was not in title, it was listed among other products they announced.

Can you help me find this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have been in this hobby for a long time.  Started in about 1970, then focused on 1/72 for about 30years starting in 1985.

I recently returned to 1/48 over past 4 years or so.  I cannot believe there is no new B26 Marauder or B24 kits!  I fondly built the monogram kits in the 1970s, but wow, thats all we still have???  Hoping modern tooling will find a B24 and B26!

1 hour ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

you have the Good 1/72 hasegawa  B-26 Marauder Reboxed by Eduard 

I have several hasegawa b26s.  After all these years, to return to 1/48 they are behind where 1/72 was...

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 9:52 PM, Calum said:

I reckon there is more chance of seeing one from ICM than Infinity ..

Just read a build review of the Infinity S2BC and well, let's just say I hope a new Marauder will come from ICM 

Cheers,

WV908

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, WV908 said:

Just read a build review of the Infinity S2BC and well, let's just say I hope a new Marauder will come from ICM 

Cheers,

WV908

Indeed,their Helldiver has a lot of fit problems. I hope that their Aichi Val and Nakajima Kate kits don't have the same problems. A 1/48 B-26 would be great,but I too hope that ICM will do it.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:16 AM, Largescale32 said:

Reading the posts here, I think I will tell my friend Jiri from Infinity Models that it will be better for him to cancel the 1/48 Marauder project.

I'm sorry but build reviews just don't lie - especially ones where the modeller has had to cut the canopy pieces up to make them fit. I really hope the Vampire and the Japanese pair currently being worked on prove to be a massive step up in build / fit quality - if they are (and infinity decides to use alignment pins for the fuselage), I expect a Marauder would be a very good seller. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

There has been a lot of negative (and uninformed) comment on the Infinity Vampire which seems to have stuck. First that the wings on the aircraft were made of wood (!) and thus devoid of rivets. Secondly that (for those who agree on the wing being constructed of aluminium alloy) the rivet detail is overdone. The first statement is incorrect; the second a matter of choice. Many kits have overdone rivet and/or panel line detail when being 100% faithful to the original but receive no negative comment on the subject. But for some reason Infinity has drawn a disproportionately large amount of attention to what is something that for many won't be an issue, and in any case could be easily rectified by a light sanding or a sensible coat of primer and paint.

So I hope they do issue a Marauder kit because I'm sure it will look the part and be all there is in 1/48 for many a year.

• Like 3

I'd rather Infinity got on with the 1/32 Draken and Beaufighter.  I will buy them even without locating pins. 

A 1/48 Marauder would indeed be a good subject for ICM, with plenty of subvariants (including civil corporate derivatives) for multiple boxings. 

Tony 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 8:16 AM, Largescale32 said:

Reading the posts here, I think I will tell my friend Jiri from Infinity Models that it will be better for him to cancel the 1/48 Marauder project.

Well, a 1/48 medium bomber is IMO not a sensible first foray into 1/48. Slow seller, long investment return.