John Glenn's F-86F Mig Mad Marine, Academy 1/72

Hi all

after a long time of inactivity as a consequence of lot health issues, finally back on track :).

Finished Academy F-86 in colours of John Glenn machine from Korea war period.  Academy is well known "plastic", good details, fit, and overall look, no real issues there. Colours AK real colours, very nice to work with.  I had big issue with final layer of gloss varnish, It was almost disaster, silver colour start cracking, so some parts removed to plastic surface, again airbrushed......so this will not be a model for some contest, but i am happy at the end.

I hope you will like it also.

Till next model, best regards, Djordje

F86-Academy-1.jpg

F86-Academy-2.jpg

F86-Academy-3.jpg

F86-Academy-4.jpg

F86-Academy-5.jpg

F86-Academy-6.jpg

• Like 67
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Will done. Bravo! 

Are those Academy decals? The MIG MAD MARINE decal looks particularly good! 

Thank you very much

Decals are mixed, yellow stripes are from Academy decal sheet, and all others are from Airfix

Regards

Djordje

Djordje………it`s great to have you back.  Despite the layoff, it is evident that your artistic skills remain.  Lovely Sabre my friend!!! :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2022 at 13:44, djos said:

Hi all

after a long time of inactivity as a consequence of lot health issues, finally back on track :).

Finished Academy F-86 in colours of John Glenn machine from Korea war period.  Academy is well known "plastic", good details, fit, and overall look, no real issues there. Colours AK real colours, very nice to work with.  I had big issue with final layer of gloss varnish, It was almost disaster, silver colour start cracking, so some parts removed to plastic surface, again airbrushed......so this will not be a model for some contest, but i am happy at the end.

I hope you will like it also.

Till next model, best regards, Djordje

F86-Academy-1.jpg

F86-Academy-2.jpg

F86-Academy-3.jpg

F86-Academy-4.jpg

F86-Academy-5.jpg

F86-Academy-6.jpg

Very nice. Well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1