Figures, I know but...

Courageous

Not knowing where else to post this query but here is as good a place to start than any.

I like racers and biplanes which mainly operated from WW1 to early part of WW2. The query I have is between the wars and figures, what I can use and when. I understand much of this revolves around when the pilot parachute was introduced into aircraft, so WW2 pilots can be used earlier but when? Equally, WW1 can be used beyond the war but until when? Racer pilots, I don't have a clue about as it's all about weight and space, did they even have them? So, in a nutshell, can the BM massif help, particularly with figure manufactures (injection/resin/3D) that can be used as racer pilots?

Stuart

For the racers you can search for photos of well known pilots - Edgar Percival, Alex Henshaw, Arthur Clouston etc...... Percival famously always wore his hat, I think the others had overalls and I'd have to re-read their books to check on parachutes. I don't know if they flew high enough for one to be much use?

All the pilots were individuals so I don't think you'll find a generic "uniform".

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply @rossm. If we talk about biplanes, most of the pilots would be uniforms, either WW1 or WW2 style but it's knowing when the parachute became common place. Racer pilots were a different kettle of fish and as you say, no uniform. Still, there must be something out there surely that could be used. At the moment I use civilian mechanics...

Stuart