T-80 BV (Under New Management)

I thought I'd do a quick build of a T-80 BV. It didn't work out that way (almost 12 weeks start to finish but quick for me - my JP took almost 4 years! ) but , the build eventually came to this....

It's a T-80 BV abandoned in Ukraine, towed away and added to the defenders inventory.

I realise the potential for controversy here so no politics please - just talk about the model, or the Mods will be forced to shut this down. Thanks in anticipation.....

y4mcCDyjRz_lK4sDYF-DfdSiXuwkUc7LvhphLMPR

y4mq9A1g7DPmuw1B5EDKoI8y4QEzyn0TqUZCYz8e

y4mA7A8A-ODMEuKp0SfAf_X03x1jM8ydpgjUm7-P

y4mtma5Nutih5qQ-1_OoMnkaIfTepwiJtz3niNYo

y4m7_SJl8O6lleB_b8blbcR2gfbfAO_AYtX9aMJD

y4mQAPJQfGN08Xo-ii_RxOGHmiVBKtZmY6o4a2dd

The WIP is here.

As ever, comments (non-political) and feedback welcome.

Edited by echen
WIP link added
  • Like 40

Just now, SimonL said:

I’m in awe of your weathering skills on such a small scale. The mud splashed look very realistic.

Thanks @SimonL.

I think I got a bit carried away in places. I was aiming for tiny "speckles" but the brush was too wet and I got oversized blobs here and there, although they're a bit hidden in the pics for some reason.......

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

Great job Echen, looks very nice, I need to get my trumpeter version painted up. I had planned a digital camo for it.

Thanks for the comment @sardaukar.Rather you than me with the digital cam!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

A quality finish Echen. Very well done.

Thanks @Stef N. It's gratifying to receive positive feedback on this as modern armour is not really my usual type of build.

• Like 1

@Stef N. Currently building a Tiger I Ausf E, a Pz III, an IBG Cromwell, a Dragon Jagdpanther an IBG R100 and  an Academy Dragon Wagon. The Tiger is in the Tiger Superthread and the Pz III is in my signature below. Busy busy! (When I get time.....)

• Thanks 1

Nice work, particularly considering the scale which I'd struggle to see these days. I rather like how you've added the Ukrainian flags and weathered to suit.

Much to my shame apart from T55 and T64 I struggle to tell one post WW2 Russian tank from another. 

Great modelling 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Nice work, particularly considering the scale which I'd struggle to see these days.

@Jasper dogThanks Darryl. Kind comment appreciated. My knowledge of modern Russian armour would struggle to fill up the back of a postage stamp.:sad:

Just thought the T80BV looked interesting with all its lumps and bumps.

Edited by echen

Thanks @Val_Ukraine

33 minutes ago, Val_Ukraine said:

Great job! Very nice rendition of a vehicle at war. I saw the real ones, and the appearance of the model is very close to them.

Your comments are much appreciated. All the best to you and yours. Hope you all stay safe.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, Stef N. said:

Watching along with a couple of those and really intrigued with the Dragon Wagon.

@Stef N. A little progress on the Dragon Wagon that you found intriguing. Individual units dry fitted at present. Wheel alignment is proving an issue.

y4mh9fIhQsRlmrEhy_RkMi-CSDEpwqg4x6NTiD3J

y4mL_mFVl0XsHikNPCMZkvQfqxhcxnJskVBSV3vK

y4mWSqT8GfCkS8fcVkd2YZvCPMUTHpjJEIew9ZYg

A long way to go yet. Individual components need to be painted before fixing etc..etc........

Edited by echen
Additional pix
  • Thanks 1