Hobbyboss 1/72 Alconbury Aggressor

Very nice work Martin, the marbling looks very good and hopefully with give you the effect you are looking for.

Regarding the wheel wells and undercarriage doors Col is right they can come in either white or aluminium, though from the pictures I have seen USAF aircraft have aluminium and US Navy and some foreign operators are white. I also noticed that Aggressors from the 527th at Alconbury tend to have white painted wheels.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 1

Not much done on the modelling front this week, just a little bit of airbrushing this afternnon.

So, I had two of the exact matches for the four main colours. This airframe had the Ghost scheme & from photos dated 1987.

I hope this is allowed, it does show the credits in the photo.

74-1532 527as 32 EGWZ 19870816 19cr

Colours as follows

FS35237 was Vallejo Model Color 905

FS35622 - Vallejo Model Air 328

Now the other two I didn't have paints connected to the exact FS numbers, but I think are pretty close.

FS36251 is supposed to be Aggressor grey but the nearest I could match was Vallejo Model Air 40 but in hindsight I could make it a little darker.

FS36307 - The nearest I had was Ammo Mig - 226.

I think I'll stick with what I've done so far.

52334529461_51ad4470b3_h.jpg

52334529416_b7829f53ed_h.jpg

Β 

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Finally completed this little aggressor.

Also discovered that the Flickr photo references I was using were by a fellow Britmodeller who I thought I should mention.

It was through looking at what I had decal wise that I thought I would be able to recreate 74-1532 that Keith Svendsen hat captured back in 1987.

Also like to say that these photos are some of the finest of the Alconbury Aggressors & damn fine photo reference.

52388369667_1b5e3c7a4b_h.jpg

Thanks for looking & credit to Keith AKA Old Viper Tester.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/profile/4712-old-viper-tester/

• Like 14

A beautiful result Martin, you have done a fantastic job on recreating what is a very nice scheme.

Sven's pictures are dangerously inspirational aren't they, I have used them for reference for a few of my Edwards based builds and am doing so now.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB mate and for producing such an excellent model in a great scheme.

Very well done.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, modelling minion said:

A beautiful result Martin, you have done a fantastic job on recreating what is a very nice scheme.

Sven's pictures are dangerously inspirational aren't they, I have used them for reference for a few of my Edwards based builds and am doing so now.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB mate and for producing such an excellent model in a great scheme.

Very well done.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Cheers mate much appreciated. Glad to have taken part. Just wish I had the time to do a few more F-5's.

• Like 1