Sea Vixen FAW.1 XN708

A stunning piece of work, thank you.  It's just a wee bit sad that it concludes a fascinating, humorous and informative build thread.  Bring on the Wasp!

• Thanks 1

Thank you to everyone for expressing such kind sentiments on this thread over the course of the last 24hrs. Your are good company which makes me just wish that the phrase 'deeply appreciated' could be translated into an icon more suitable than just putting up a 'Thanks' symbol for each of your replies.

From jet to rotary in the next one!

• Like 4

I wrote a whole big thing about context and so forth, how seeing these pics isolated from the WIP was a little surreal in a way.  Too many words.  

Your Vixen is sublime.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TheBaron said:

From jet to rotary…

Otherwise known as “growing up”.

The whole thing [both aircraft] is exemplary, but I keep on coming back to the wing fold.  Fantastic.

• Haha 6

Tony, I think Steve @Fritag said it right: this (and her sister ship) was more a creation than a build - and what a creation! :worthy: :worthy:

Everything on this one is at the top: 3D modelling, attention to detail,  building, and last but not least the paint and weathering! :clap:  :clap:

Thank you for taking us through such a journey! :thanks:

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

No way Tony.  :gobsmacked:  I refuse to believe that these Vixen`s are in 72nd scale.  There`s no way possible.  It`s 1 / 1 scale I tell you.  That is an incredible level of detail.  

I, like many others, gaze in awe and amazement.  :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, TheBaron said:

there are other equally disturbed individuals out there prepared to read them

Mentioning no names, of course. Superb build and the RFI pictures are fabulous. Good to see them both together at last too.

I see the likes (at present) are up in the seventies. Very well deserved. I'm very much looking forward to the Wasp.

Regards, Pete

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, Navy Bird said:

And to think I was going to build the High planes kit.

You can use Tony’s kit as a guide to building the High Planes kit!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

You can use Tony’s kit as a guide to building the High Planes kit!

A bit like using the Mona Lisa to help with a paint-by-number set.     :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 6

I know it's all been said before Tony, but this really is the most impressive model I've seen in a very, very, long time.

The dedication and skill show through in abundance, and thanks too for an engrossing WIP.

Thoroughly looking forward to the Wasp, even though it is only a chopper.

We'll forgive you.

Ian

(Ducks and runs)

• Haha 3

Totally wonderfully wicked work Tony it's been amazing to watch these two develope.  You have designed  produced two wonderful replicas . 

Good luck with your sales too.

Now when are you starting the Wasp:poke:

Phenomenal work 

Chris

• Haha 1

Marvellous Job, Tony! It truly belongs in a museum (the same has also been said about me, although I gather it wasn't said as a compliment to me!). As one of the EDI's ('equally disturbed individuals') it has been truly informative watching you build create this wonderful little beastie!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Such a great achievement Yony !!

Amazing work !! Congratulations !!

I saw an add on FB with a link to this page, truly amazing !!

But your work on the Vixen is well worth it !! 

:mike:

Are we on for an Avro Bison now ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

I'm a bit random in catching up on here, as I missed quite a lot when I was away in Suffolk/Norfolk last week having also slipped in a visit to the 453rd Bombardment Group museum of course, and collected some "presents" from Jim. So catching up I am ............

All my good colleagues on here have said much of what I could say, but in summary Tony I have to offer a massive well done on every aspect of this tremendous build. To design and create such beautiful models from scratch (OK I guess the liquid resin did come all ready to use in the bottle) is a feat worthy of immense praise. Letting us all watch and learn from the journey feels very special indeed.

I think the Wasp is going to be a spectacular knock out!

Very Happy Modelling!

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1