Sea Vixen FAW.1 XN708

Quite simply one of the most astonishing modelling endeavours I've had the pleasure of witnessing - and what a beautiful gem of a miniature aeroplane (sorry, that should be gems of miniature aeroplanes :) ) resulted from it!

I said it in the build thread Tony, I hope you don't mind repetition - outstanding, just outstanding! 

Top, top work all round!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Not often you get to see an FAW.1 in model form. Some absolutely incredible detail in that build Tony. You really, truly should be proud of that work!

James.

P.S. I'm in LOVE with the paint scheme of the one on the stand!

• Thanks 1

Stunning and well worth the wait.

An immensely captivating and educational WiP too Tony. Thanks for sharing :) 

• Thanks 1

Beyond impressive Tony.

One of the most pleasing things for me has been how the quality of the painting and finishing has done full justice to the brilliance of (and the care in) the design and construction.  Not so much a build as a creation.

It does us all good from time to time to feel humbled in the face of the skill of others - and I don’t ‘alf feel ‘umbled by this pair :D  God knows what the Wasp’ll do to me….

Edited by Fritag
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That is seriously impressive. Way beyond me, but that hasn’t stopped me enjoying watching these beauties grow from nothing to the masterpieces we see before us!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is very impressive, you must be very happy with the overall build and finish, I like the fact that it has been created using 3D artwork, and this is no easy task without experience of the software involved, plus you have used all the other mediums such as vac forming and your own PE.

• Thanks 1

I may have said this about your earlier build but it is worth repeating - Clearly the work of a complete nutter but I am glad that such people exist if only to put our own efforts into perspective.

I have but one adverse comment. Your pictures come out very dark so I cannot see all the gorgeous details. I do not have this problem with other peoples efforts and I wonder if other people have the same problem.

I ran one of your pictures through Photoshop using the shadows/highlights and levels tools and came up with this

p?i=00904d61084fadf794580e5d5e4a6611

• Like 7