F-15B 36th TFW / 53rd TFS Bitburg AB 1980

Hello everyone,

After some mental acrobatic I have now settled with a F-15B of the 53rd / TFW 36th TFW based at Bitburg Germany about 1980. The 36th TFW was obviously the first wing in Europe that received the then new F-15A/Bs, and I thought it was a good idea to pick that one to commemorate the 50th Anniversary.

I chose the “B” because I was afraid I would have too many F-15 single seaters IF I’d ever manage to build all the F-15 stuff that’s in my stash. I came across a (at last for me) new decal producer that offers a nice sheet of Bitburg and Spangdahlem based Eagles, including a regular “B”, the die is cast.

Hasegawa’s old F-15E Strike Eagle will serve as the basis (assuming that I don’t have much more to do than abandoning the CFTs, insert a fitting cockpit instrument panel and label it “F-15B” 😊).

F-15-E-for-F-15-B.jpg

F-15-B-Decals-Pic-2-2.jpg

And finally I like to share this piece about first and last Eagles in Europe (I hope I didn’t overlook somebody who did already post it)

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/son-flies-last-f15-out-of-europe-father-flew-in-first

Cheers

Stefan

• Like 7

This is a brilliant choice and those decals look amazing!

Just looked at the website and it says shipping is on orders from 80 euros and up. That'd mean I'd you'd need to buy three sets. Did you have to spend over 80 euros to get yours?

8 hours ago, Filler said:

Did you have to spend over 80 euros to get yours?

No, I only had to spent 5 Euros for shipping, but that's just because I had it shipped to an address in Germany.

I think the guy just opened his business and is probably afraid of the hassle with international shipments. When you are bold, drop him a message and ask if he can make an exeception for a shippment to the UK.

Edited by Sierra Mike Sierra
spelling

22 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Grüße aus Bayern 

Alex

Looking forward to see yours...

Grüße aus Hessen!

I spent about 5 months in Erding with Luftwaffenversorgungsregiment 1 back in 1992 - Oodles of Erdinger 😄