Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-22M2 Backfire

Morning all,

My latest build is a bit of a beast, Trumpeter's Backfire. I've built this kit before, but was asked by a friend to build his own for him, which I was only too happy to do. Built completely OOB, warts and all- there are a few inaccuracies, but I had neither the time nor ability to sort most of them. Regardless, it still builds into an impressive model of this monster jet, and best of of all, it's new owner was delighted with the result :)

6W7A7647.jpg

6W7A7648.jpg

6W7A7649.jpg

6W7A7650.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Shaun

• Like 47

Very nice! I've got their 1/72 Blinder next in the queue on my stash. 

How did you do the panel wash? It's very neat and crisp, did you do a pin wash to bring the panel lines out? 

• Like 1

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

On 7/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, kiseca said:

Very nice! I've got their 1/72 Blinder next in the queue on my stash. 

How did you do the panel wash? It's very neat and crisp, did you do a pin wash to bring the panel lines out? 

I used Mig Productions Neutral Wash for the panel lines, simply slapped it on and removed when semi dry to leave a bit of filth behind :)

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:03 AM, Seamus said:

warts and all- there are a few inaccuracies

To a plain ole rivet-ignorer like me it just looks like a really well modelled Backfire.

• Like 1

Beautiful build - I want one.

Small story - spring 1987 I was flying out of Moscow on a Aeroflot flight to London (Tu-154 I think). For some reason the plane got diverted to taxi through the military part of the airport, past a row of Blinders. We all started taking photos. The cabin crew went white and starting running up and down pulling down the window blinds.

The joke was on us as most of the blinds then wouldn't go back up (it was Aeroflot) and we spent the flight back in partial darkness. And in final revenge, I got food poisoning (Aeroflot again).

• Haha 5