I.A.e 33 Pulqui 2 in 1:48 from High Valley Models (Argentina)

Sturmovik

I came across news of a new tool, 1:48, I.A.e 33 Pulqui 2 from a new model maker in Argentina. The company is called High Valley Models (HVM), and this is their first (and hopefully not last) resin kit. HVM is based in Neuquén, Argentina.

The kit comes in six bags and the parts are moulded in a light grey resin. There're six marking options from Calcas del Sur, five prototypes and what I think will be a what if operational machine had the Pulqui 2 taken off. Instructions are Hasegawa style (foldable) and are in colour. Estimated price is of 14000ARS (roughly 89GBP). I don't know if they ship outside Argentina.

If I dare and don't get sidetracked by buying anothet German plane, this may be my first full resin kit.

So far, the only Pulqui 2 in 1:48 was from Kosmosur 3D. The kit (I have 2) is very basic (no wheel well details, no cockpit detail, and has the issue of the 3D printed surface).

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hvm-1-ia-33-pulqui-ii--1428880

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

Now we just need to find out where we can order it from.

4 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I like that idea very much!!

Seconded.... hope we will find out!

I'll try to stay up to date with the release of the kit. If I come across more info I'll post it here.

• Like 2

Hi everybody!

The kit is supposed to be released  but in limited quantities only . With decals from Calcas del Sur :)

Ex BM member Unc provided me with some photos :thumbsup:

lXRCPid.jpg

CwiSsG5.jpg

oEEc2hX.jpg

6q8yEAH.jpg

Will post some more soon :)

Now I need to get one....

• Like 4

Some more photos:

Not clear yet if it will be made available outside of Argentina.

OAx0Uww.jpg

lXRCPid.jpg

FvNb8YO.jpg

CwiSsG5.jpg

6q8yEAH.jpg

oEEc2hX.jpg

g4CkSuG.jpg

ChBXFKh.jpg

PprBdll.jpg

a4IdlI4.jpg

hxfX5MJ.jpg

ymN1FHo.jpg

lgnh0H1.jpg

YPn9qlv.jpg

2eh9HGB.jpg

k6Cn9Nj.jpg

X6pyr5u.jpg

O8JVgmx.jpg

XbLAmlc.jpg

Parts seem to be largely 3d printed, * explaining its high price I guess)

detail looks great to me! :thumbsup:

• Like 6

@exdraken great to see Unc² sent you the photos. The parts look great, especially the wheels.

Here's my effort on one of the decal schemes but on the Kosmosur 3D model:

H88XPbF.jpeg

I'm still not sure if I should get one in the future.

• Like 1

Seems it will not be made available outside of Argentina... if you still want one my friend Unc has direct contact... let me ( or him know!)

I will update you as soon as I have one here in my hands... will take some time though I guess! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

un poco mas del Pulqui, gracias Igna!

that is the actual resin prototype

ifhpFuo.jpg

OVhkIZS.jpg

look a lot like MiG-17 wings, no? very interesting, never noted that!

DRLySTo.jpg

XHgrgus.jpg

pSguQXI.jpg

C1FyLnt.jpg

resin prototype on a trip to visit its 1:1 relative at the museum in Morón :thumbsup:

• Like 5

On 8/17/2022 at 8:00 PM, exdraken said:

seems there is also a 1/72 version available right now, for 10.000 AR$ if anyone is interested!

That seems to work out at $72 so much as I would like one...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 10:57 AM, Sturmovik said:

Is the grey surface a primer? I also like the panel lines and rivets, so much better than a 3D printed model.

Hi Sturmovik,

The gray surface is actually the resin in which the kit was cast. The sandy/brown stuff is Sikkens putty, which is commercially available in Capital Federal and Buenos Aires as well.

I heard criticism about the shape of the upper windshield and its canopy joint on this kit; criticism which is totally baseless, by the way. Modellers who are acquainted with the real thing have noticed that the HVM Pulqui II kits has a round windshield shape, when in fact the top part of the windshield is flat, which flatness should be present on the canopy joint too.

spacer.png

While this is true on the real thing, the kit also comes with three or four shapes over which to thermo-form additional clear pieces if needed (a feature I haven't seen on any other all-resin cast kits, by the way).

It's to solve this shape issue on the kit's top windshield/canopy joint part that the kit brings the many additional shapes that you are able to file/sand flat in the required spot, and then thermo/vacuum-form the right shapes for the corrected parts. 

Apropos of which, the reference picture above is the cover from Jorge Núñez Padín research monograph #22 of his Argentine Air Force series I'm very sure you're familiar with. Best reference material available for both the I.Aé.-27 & I.A.-33.

Cheers. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Is Sikkens any good? I'm looking for an alternative to CA for filling.

Sturmovik, it's my pleasure.

I learnt about Sikkens putty while looking at Demi-God modeller Rodo Melián's 1/48 UH-16B Albatross build video on YouTube. He advises thinning the stuff with Hydra Sello de Oro. I've found the stuff in an autopart shop in Warnes Ave. Very nice stuff I was completely unaware of.  

Rodo had to change the wings on the Trumpeter kit, and for which he used the stuff.

It's here on chapter four:

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's the HVM 1/48 I.A.-33 kit spare windshield and canopy shapes just about to be hacked away, sanded and polished to be vac-formed over with some clear PETG from a bottle of Pepsi.

spacer.png

Edited by Pajarito
Sloppy fingers
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, exdraken said:

wow, did not even know it existed in hardware! and it flew! :)

:analintruder: Really...?

4 minutes ago, exdraken said:

is there acutally any technical connection to the Pulqui II?

It was sort of the first canvas for the latter.

• Like 2