Trumpeter 1/350 tirpitz wooden deck

Gillaspy2005

Hi all,

I've managed to pick up a trumpeter 1/350 tirpitz for an absolute bargain price. Looking for a wooden deck for it, the only one I can find is the following

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334229571783?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8_zEQFW1Qf2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=V8ASCgOuQSy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The pattern is erm not the best at all. 

Now I'm not the most experienced ship modeller, I see a lot of decks suitable for tamiya, revell, academy etc. What's the consensus on using one of these, my heart hopes yes. My head is saying definitely no 😁

Thanks

I'm in the head over heart camp for this one unfortunately. I built a Fletcher earlier this year, sorry am building, work got in the way... I used a pe set designed for another kit and it just caused untold misery and made it a slog. Chances are there will be deck details not recorded on the wood that you'll need to cut out, or fill in, and even the slightest discrepancy, as @S-boat 55has said, could make it a nightmare.

Scalemates.com will indicate if it thinks the sets match up and/or suggest alternatives.

David

• Like 2

Hi, I think you may be able to get one from bna model World, quite a few people on this forum have used them, myself included, I haven't fitted their deck to my KGV yet but it looks very good quality, most people would recommend them, they are in Australia so shipping can take some time but they are reliable, maybe give them a look, hth in the meantime look forward to seeing your build