COMPLETED - Tim's F-5E Aggressor

Underside, with doors fitted - showing that this isn't how this kit was designed to be built.

15-Underside.jpg

Then airbrushed Humbrol 127 overall.

20-Humbrol127.jpg

And showing my full size copies of the colour diagrams.  That's what I'll be using for camo pattern masks.

• Like 5

Looks interesting, the paint is going on so quickly after the start of the build!

Having closed those doors, and with those sticks (dowels, rods, pens, pencils?) in the exhaust, do we have an in-flight model taking shape here?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks interesting, the paint is going on so quickly after the start of the build!

Having closed those doors, and with those sticks (dowels, rods, pens, pencils?) in the exhaust, do we have an in-flight model taking shape here?

Er Non.   Doors closed up just for the painting stage.  They're sealed on with Klear.

Those tubes up the exhaust were aluminium arrows in their former life - did I ever mention being an archer?

• Like 1

It's an interesting kit and job well done so far Tim.

I have the later Italeri boxing and I'm in the process (for more than 5 years!!) of remodelling the kit's cockpit.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, modelling minion said:

Nice job on the camo Tim, I do like the colours you have used.👍

🇺🇦

Thanks - appreciated.  I off masked the light grey and then airbrushed the 144 for a tint of blue.

After all that masking a well fed-up surgeon airbrushed the 123 freehand. And under the fading light there didn't appear to be much contrast.

The photos make it look better, but yes happy with that.

• Like 2