Blitzbuild 2022 Part 2 Chat

19 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Going to have to cancel plans to build anything for this, I've got real aircraft wings that need polishing.....

ooooooooooooooo!  That sounds interesting!  :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

one of the racers

Jolly tempting, but I bought the ICM kit for the scheme. A red 109 would look nice next to a blue 209, eh @Courageous?

Actually, whilst I’m in a Spitfirey frame of mind (currently the FROG XIV), I might have a look at taking the Airfix ‘70s one and making a prototype out of it…

Regards,

Adrian

[edit: sorry Chris it was Stuart wot built the 209, not you]

[edit: Sunday will be my Blitzbuild day coz everyone else will be out of the house :)]

• Like 3

Well, that's the first day of the Blitzbuild heading to a close.  I haven't been able to look at every build as I've been working frantically on my own build.  But that's what the evening is for...  

I'm really pleased to see that there are two entries in the gallery already! 

Well; done and done:  fun but I wouldn’t want to be building like that too often. 

One thing I did learn was that Tamiya dark yellow on bare grey plastic can be made to look like a preshade…

Now have to start planning for the next one :) I definitely think some armour maybe that Panzer II that’s loitering in the stash, hmm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marklo said:

Now have to start planning for the next one :) I definitely think some armour maybe that Panzer II that’s loitering in the stash, hmm.

You know you want to!  :wicked: 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Then there’s the question of colour scheme. I’m leaning towards the black and white and rattlecans. That said I probably have the camo colour in rattlecan form too, hmmmm……opinions??

Do you have two kits?  :wicked:  

• Haha 2

ColonelKrypton's Blitz Build 2022 attempt - 1915 Tracteur Blinde Filtz Scratchbuild - Finis!

That was a good challenge and lots of fun.  Just under 16 hours total time from start to class photos.

When is the next one?  

I have only now just got caught up reviewing everyone's build threads and the gallery. Well done everyone.

cheers, Graham

Edited by ColonelKrypton
tinger frouble
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

When is the next one?  

I have only now just got caught up reviewing everyone's build threads and the gallery. Well done everyone.

cheers, Graham

Hi Graham

There's a Blitzenbuild at Christmas 🎄 

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTninja said:

@Enzo Matrix How do I post in the gallery? I've got 16 minutes before midnight, please help 😅

I'm afraid the gallery closed at midnight UK time.  Drop me a PM and we'll work something out.

• Like 1

Huge thanks to @Enzo Matrix for organizing and hosting this GB - and contributing his quality Eagle.

Blitzbuild was never something that I considered joining in with, whilst I was working. Now I'm asking myself "why not?" - all that fun I missed.

Now that I've seen that I can, plans are afoot for the Christmas/New Year GB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, I wasn't able to participate; sometimes real-life stuff must intrude on (badly) sticking bits of plastic together

I'm only just now getting caught up after nearly a week away. Not there yet

Well done to everyone who took part. Looks like a lot of fun was had, shame I missed it

Roll on the christmas Blitzenbuild. I hope I can get hold of the kit I want to build then

/P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...