Blitzbuild 2022 Part 2 Chat

The F-15 50th Anniversary GB starts tomorrow.  After that there are no new groupbuilds for six weeks.  That should give us all plenty of chance to clear down what we are building. 

The next phase starts on 10 September.  After that there is a new GB pretty much every two weeks until the end of the year.

However...  there is a Blitzbuild in the middle of the quiet patch!  :thumbsup:

I starts on Saturday 27 August and finishes on Monday 29 August.

So,,,,  what are you gonna build?  :hmmm:

• Like 5

Hmm decisions decisions. Have to choose something from the stash with low parts count and a simple colour scheme.

29-E94978-F88-A-49-DE-A078-3464-CE2073-B

A revel 1/72 peashooter is the first thing that comes to mind, but I’ll have a proper trawl through the stash today.

C1-CBB652-EB9-D-4-F7-D-9-E33-E360-F978-F

Another strong contender 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

With incomplete builds all over the place, naturally it would be just plain rude to miss this one !

My victim is below 

144283-11104-pristine

Having done a couple of similar aircraft in @CliffBrecent excellent High Wings GB this one will fit in nicely. 

Good luck everyone 

Cheers Pat

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2022 at 08:00, Jinxman said:

Think this will do - never got my hands on one when it was first released, so time to put that right.

52293843344_b52f28099e_z.jpg

Will you be painting this one the "O" colour ? :tomato:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2022 at 7:59 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Will you be painting this one the "O" colour ? :tomato:

Cheers Pat

Yup, I think so, but don't tell @Hockeyboy76 as he will be insisting on the use of pink primer... 😁

Might even go slightly metallic with it - we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This one has snuck up on me. A visit to my local shop yesterday was a wash as far as a subject goes (although the bruised my wallet well enough with RC car stuff), so it looks like I'm  at the mercy of my stash. Will do some digging over the course of the week, and see what matches with paint I have available, etc.

Cheers, Justin.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:sad:    That sounds expensive.     I had my clutch replaced a couple of months ago and that was bad enough. 

Yeah.... might end up replacing the whole car. Depends what it costs to fix. I like my citroen c1 :(

Did some digging around.  I probably won't decide on what for certain until day of, but for now it's likely narrowed down to one of these.  Eggplanes are always solid entries for Blitzbuilds...but getting rid of one of the bagged kits would be nice for storage.  :hmmm:

52303989462_2be479055d_c.jpg

• Like 6

I’m a bit short of un started or doable in 24 hours, however I do have an Academy 1/72 Zero I could do. At a push I could also do the 2nd of the 48 scale Eduard ones but let’s start small ey. 

• Like 3

Little h and myself are in for a joint Blitzbuild this time round……. details to follow. 

11 hours ago, helios16v said:

Did some digging around.  I probably won't decide on what for certain until day of, but for now it's likely narrowed down to one of these.  Eggplanes are always solid entries for Blitzbuilds...but getting rid of one of the bagged kits would be nice for storage.  :hmmm:

52303989462_2be479055d_c.jpg

Egg it up!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Egg it up!!

That is actually quite likely.  Last night I did a test fit of some of the F-4 parts to make sure they weren't too warped to work with in an abbreviated time.  Good news is while the fuselage parts were warped, they are not unworkable.  However after the test fit I went to make sure I had all the paints I needed....and I don't have USAF SEA colors.  :doh:  Ordered some last night, but it's not likely to arrive in time for this weekend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, helios16v said:

However after the test fit I went to make sure I had all the paints I needed....and I don't have USAF SEA colors.  :doh:  Ordered some last night, but it's not likely to arrive in time for this weekend.

That must be eggzasperating! 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Be rude not to take part.

Pioneer 2 Flagon me thinks.

Actually now that I think of it the PM kits in the local toy shop are great Blitzbuild fodder must stock up a bit for the next one ( any excuse :) )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3