75mm Female Cyborg - [Completed]

I've suspended my previous "first" figure paint as I went far too complicated and every time I tried to pick it back up I was just overwhelmed (if that's the right word).

So I went back on Ebay and found something a lot simpler, but still with plenty of detail.  This one doesn't even have a name, it is just a generic female cyborg that appears to have Scarlett Johansson's head (not why I bought but I'm certainly not going to complain).  Its amazing how hard it is to find a female figure model that isn't overly sexualized and excessively naked, which was the main reason I settled in this one.  £12 posted from China, only took a couple of weeks to arrive, and packaged pretty well.  It arrived undamaged (unlike the last one which added even more to its complexity).

4mSjZSE.jpg

You can see the dog still managed to get the box, but the contents were padded and survived.  Detail looks clean and well moulded, and most of the joins look like they are in convenient places (like the neck join is at the top of the choker so won't need blending and smoothing hopefully).

Kc2dkmE.jpg

XsBCXsH.jpg

FEDceNv.jpg

vkMI285.jpg

A lot happier with the prospect of building and painting this one.  First job will be to sort the seam lines out on the legs, and I really want to convert the chunky wedge heels into proper stiletto heels but dubious about ruining it before I've really started.  Feels like it should be simple enough to do though.

• Like 4

• HoolioPaulio changed the title to 75mm Female Cyborg - WiP
2 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

just a generic female cyborg that appears to have Scarlett Johansson's head

Ah, Major Kusanagi :P 

• Like 1

Pretty happy with the stiletto conversion, just bit of tidying up to do

uNlqC1e.jpg

Next job after to tea is to remove this annoying runner connection on the elbow without losing the elbow 😐 

1PMUAHk.jpg

• Like 4

Had a few layers of primer now.  The joints on the arms aren't perfect but good enough for this one.  I've never painted a figure before so I'm not willing to spend hours perfecting delicate seams just to find out I'm rubbish at it.  If it turns out well and there's a next one then I'll be able to up my game.  This is a practice of painting textures and shading etc.

Y59Qjhd.jpg

dtstXQn.jpg

• Like 6

OK, I'm relying on any experienced figure painters to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking of airbrushing the flesh layer first, then brush painting all the other areas over the top, then shading and highlighting the whole thing with washes and dry brushing at the end.  I don't even know if there is a right and wrong order to painting figures...

So painting figures is hard.  I started with the eyes and mouth, which needed tidying up, then gave the hair the base coat of Ferrari red.

IuOEFWy.jpg

Then tried to bring some life to the face with some warmer tones, but I don't really have any idea what I'm doing despite watching some videos on YT.  The hair was going fairly well with a wash for the darker tones, then dry brushing progressively lighter reds.  Then I messed up the white highlights and didn't dry the brush off anywhere near enough, so I have to fix that now.  Dry brushing is still relatively new to me as a technique.  I also have to fix the eyes, again, and the blob of light red on the hand 😐 

kohnn7f.jpg

QrbWFWC.jpg

• Like 6

Done a bit more work.  The boots, gun, and some of the dress have begun getting primed with gloss black primer.  They still need another coat at least (maybe two).  The bulk of the boot surface will stay black, but there will be a bit of brown leather, and some panels accented to match the dress.  The dress needs gloss black primer for my chosen colour.  The gun looks quite like a Desert Eagle, so will be getting steel top coat.

jkhpO2f.jpg

• Like 5

Nice going so far. 
I'm thinking of sanding down the 'orrible platform soles to a bit more sensible level (even if the rest of the clothing is just as impractical) once mine arrives.

Just for funsies:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well after a long break from modelling in general, I have gotten back in to it over the past few weeks.  Finally got the colour on the dress.  It might need another coat yet.  Its the GreenStuffWorld Emerald Getaway colourshift, painted over gloss black primer.  I've also started getting the black base coat on for the various metal/cyborg parts.  Looks messy, but I discovered from the edging on the dress its easier to cover the black back over with the flesh and get a neater line once detailing is finished.

DBzsZBa.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

She's finished.  Although this is the second finished figure, it was the first one I started.  What do I not like, the face and eyes, but that will come with practice.  What do I like best, I'm pretty chuffed with the laces on the boots.

PY188BK.jpg

aZLSyFl.jpg

RQYI142.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

• HoolioPaulio changed the title to 75mm Female Cyborg - [Completed]