'Top Gun' Tiger

Col.

21 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Um, @Col., sounds interesting, but none of those links (images?) work for me.

20 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Likewise for me I'm afraid mate.

🇺🇦

Drat. Now they're not working for me either :( Will have a play around and see if I can find the page again.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

This one Col?

https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-5e/tigerusaf.shtml

Looking good so far old chum :thumbsup: .

That's the one Alex :D 

Specifically look at this one now https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-5e/pages/aero_f-5e_usaf_039.shtml

• Like 3

Paintwork done

2022-10-02_08-07-03

2022-10-02_08-07-34

That's five days of paintwork compressed into two photos for you all @Enzo Matrixstyle :D 

Began with Alclad primer then some White Aluminium and Airframe Aluminium. Masked that with tape for the hot end and masking fluid for the gun muzzle panels. An over coat of Humbrol 121 from a fairly new tin took a couple days to dry before it got masked with White Tac worms and some Humbrol Authentics IAF2 for the green followed by IAF1 for the brown. Being old formula enamel they both dried in about twenty minutes.

Some tidying up to do then a bit of fading and weathering next.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Decals done

20221009_150854

20221009_150840

These are the result of a hotch-potch of parts from Airfix and Italeri F-5E sheets along with some leftover stencils from the Revell MiG-21 F-13 sheet.

The Italeri ones were the worst of all with a tendency to silver. The Airfix ones, while the oldest, worked well and although the 'rescue' arrows and their associated information looked rather stark but a dry-brush of the background colours toned them down nicely. The Revell ones went on fine.

Flat coat next once I re-mask the metal work.

• Like 8

Well gang here's another fail on my part to complete a GB.

As of Saturday this was where progress halted due to being away for the next few days with work

20221016_134427

Airbrakes installed after making a set of actuator rams and undercarriage legs fitted. Still the wheels and main doors to do, all the Remove Before Flight covers and tags, cannons and pylon sway braces along with a wee sensor beside the nose undercarriage bay to make and fit, then paint the various lights. Almost there.

20221016_134410

• Like 6

Sorry that this one didn't make the deadline Col but she is looking very good and I would rather you finished her to a standard you are happy with than rush to make the gallery. As Robert says it doesn't look like it will take much more to get her finished and I am glad that you are continuing the build on here.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

I'm glad you're still progressing on this one, Col. It might not have made the deadline, but it's a great looking model that I'm looking forward to seeing finished :)

James

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

..and done. Finally finished this one on the second of January so at least I'll have something to show as complete for 2023 :blush:

20230102_221323

Here's a few more taken in daylight this afternoon

20230113_150254

20230113_150334

20230113_150320

All that remains now is for me to thank @Robert Stuart and @modelling minion for making this STGB happen and everyone who took the time to look, like, and comment along the way.

• Like 5