Fiat AB 611 1/35

Here is my first armor model in about 30 years. It is an original model I created using mainly printed parts, along with brass, styrene sheet, copper wire, and some Tichy aftermarket rivets. I realize that my building and painting skills are a little rusty after the long hiatus, and I'm certainly open to criticism. Forgive also my base work-I know it's a little amateurish, but I don't have any experience with terrain, railroad or wargame modelling- I'll be working on that. Thanks for taking a look.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Excellent modelling, of a vehicle I've never even heard of, shamefully that probably goes for most Italian stuff. Paintwork and effects looks first class to me and to be honest I don't see much wrong with the base either. 

Really great work and welcome to BM too.

Darryl 

As Stef and Darryl say, a fantastic effort in your return to the hobby. I would be very happy with that in my display cabinet! Well done.

George

22 hours ago, Stef N. said:

That's a brilliant return to the hobby. Very well painted and weathered and the base is ace. Nice one.👏👍

Many thanks for the kind words Stef N- a great encouragement. 

9 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Excellent modelling, of a vehicle I've never even heard of, shamefully that probably goes for most Italian stuff. Paintwork and effects looks first class to me and to be honest I don't see much wrong with the base either. 

Really great work and welcome to BM too.

Darryl 

Thanks very much Darryl. I'm into weird war wheels, so my subjects will likely be rather obscure. 

8 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

As Stef and Darryl say, a fantastic effort in your return to the hobby. I would be very happy with that in my display cabinet! Well done.

George

Thank you George- very much appreciate the kind words.

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent piece of scratch building, and a very convincing paint and weathering job. Nice work.

John.

Thanks John- I'm keeping an eye on that IDF Sherman, and certainly drawing inspiration from your work there. 

5 hours ago, Model Mate said:

looks fantastic! I assume you had a base kit for the wheels and running gear etc.?

Thank you. No- all those parts I modelled in tinkercad (believe it or not, lol) and printed on an elegoo mars 1- all original models.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Model Mate said:

looks fantastic! I assume you had a base kit for the wheels and running gear etc.?

Here's an example of what I mentioned. This is the model work for a tire/wheel assembly for the Ratel 90 that is on my bench now:

spacer.pngspacer.png

And here is the printed model:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hi xebec,

Another model unknown to me. I personally like this one more than the other, because it looks more like something military per se, and the other one is more of an ad hoc type... I really like the modulation achieved and the overall solid look. After 30 years, it is a promising beginning, and I am sure that the progression will be fast and adequate. The base also looks very adequate, simple but effective, very much in keeping with the vehicle.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi xebec,

Another model unknown to me. I personally like this one more than the other, because it looks more like something military per se, and the other one is more of an ad hoc type... I really like the modulation achieved and the overall solid look. After 30 years, it is a promising beginning, and I am sure that the progression will be fast and adequate. The base also looks very adequate, simple but effective, very much in keeping with the vehicle.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Thanks very much for the kind words. I agree- I fell in love with the look of the AB 611 the first time a saw a picture of one. That's why it became my first model in so many years. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StuartH said:

Outstanding work on this. Brilliant painting & weathering and there is nothing amateurish about that base whatsoever.

Hope you build more armoured models.

Muchas gracias Stuart. I have more on deck, and I'm looking forward to submitting them here. 

19 hours ago, Milan Mynar said:

Here we can see another excellent model made by xebec. 

Thanks Milan-much appreciated. 

Edited by xebec

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That really does look gorgeous, I really like the way that you have painted this with nice variations to the main colour. Top work, well done...

Ed

Thank you for the kind words Ed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Wow, this is brilliant! And considering it's scratch built, even more!

Do you make CAD drawings yourself, or get them somewhere?

Best,

Nenad

Thanks Nenad. I did the drawings myself, actually on Tinkercad. I know most people probably would use Fusion or the like, but those learning curves are too steep for a simple simon like me....

Lovely work and a really interesting subject, and on top of that it's a scratch-build- brilliant!!!

I feel like it would be quite a frightening machine to encounter as it seems to be very well-armed.

Also I think the base complements the model very nicely.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, providence said:

Astouding model and work ! the painting and weathering are quite simple but perfectly balanced, I love it !

Regards

Providence

Thanks very much providence.

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Lovely work and a really interesting subject, and on top of that it's a scratch-build- brilliant!!!

I feel like it would be quite a frightening machine to encounter as it seems to be very well-armed.

Thank you for the kind words Zephyr.

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Yes- I really fell in love with the look of this thing, and had to model it. Too bad Fiat did what Fiat does and grossly underpowered it (like my Fiat x1/9...lol)- could have been a real beast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carius said:

You have done a great job, I lovei it.

Cheers from Brazil

Thank you Carius!

1 hour ago, Maginot said:

Nice armoured car; terrific work.

Appreciate that Maginot.