Model model shop

cmatthewbacon

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, cool. That certainly does. I had to do a check of the Academy web site to see if it was a spoof! It's actually a pretty good idea, sort of brings to mind the famous diorama by Yamada Takuji.

Hopefully be a few reviews on the interwebz soon, see how it builds up etc. Could be my pipe-dream model shop (and certainly a darn sight easier to run...)

48 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

@TallBlondJohn Its the model village in Bourton on the Water.

It is a model of the actual village and includes a model of the model village.

I presume the model of the model village includes a model of the model village, which includes… 

… all the way beyond the last visible dog…

best,

M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallBlondJohn said:

That shop better stock the kit.

The sneaky somethings have found a way out of the infinite regression problem.  The only models you get are the ones on the shelf in the window - the rest is stickers that go behind them.  So if matey is standing in front of his small pile of scale model model shops, they aren't actually there ...

• Like 1

Just now, JohnT said:

Not The Ten O’Clock News then??!!!:rofl2:

Ummmm.... yep?  Or are you getting mixed up with Not the Nine O'Clock News in your dotage? :wicked:

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ummmm.... yep?  Or are you getting mixed up with Not the Nine O'Clock News in your dotage? :wicked:

Dotage?

Nurse, nurse. Michael in the next bed is being cheeky again. When do I get my meds?

I remind you that you called me a cheeky rapscallion once. I badge I wear with pride. 

:D

3 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I remind you that you called me a cheeky rapscallion once. I badge I wear with pride. 

Now I've forgotten all about that one, so my Alzheimers is clearly superior to yours! :P

• Haha 1

I remember a diorama at Cosford show years ago with some 1/12 figures of large scale (flying)  aircraft modellers about to launch a 1/48 aircraft model. It’s too long ago for me to remember the details properly but it was very popular at the time. 

19 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I presume the model of the model village includes a model of the model village, which includes… 

Yes.

1 There's the model village (1/9th scale I think)

2 Within that that's a fairly sizeable model of the model 

3 Next the model of the model of the model

4 Then a small model of the model of the model of the model

5 Finally a tiny representation of a model of the model of the model of the model of the model 

The pic below is the 3rd model, the 4th model is on the right hand edge towards the middle, within that model at the top you can just barely see a hint of blue which is a representation of the river on the 5th model.

spacer.png

Edited by -Ian-
  • Like 1