Fairford Departures

Hi all, 

Being frugal I opted to attend the departures day for the Air Tattoo, as I do most years. It is cheap, quieter in terms of attendance, and a relaxed experience. The other advantage is that while you dont see displays you do see all participant aircraft from the static and flying displays live - either on the ground or in the air, or both. This year, of course, was hot but that didn't deter my mates and I, or any of the other devoted enthusiasts ;). The organisers/ATC decided that runway 09 was to be used for the morning, switching 180 degrees later in the day. It meant a variety of angles and some close up opportunities. The downside of the weather was the intense sun in the morning coming from the East. The heat haze built up quickly too :(. It did produce some warm colours, though.  Here are a few shots:

DSA_3926a

DSA_3989a

DSA_3994a

DSA_3963a

DSA_4041a

DSA_4073a

DSA_4022a

DSA_4230a

DSA_4241a

DSA_4248a

DSA_4257a

DSA_4273a

DSA_4323a

DSA_4331a

DSA_4338a

DSA_4344a

DSA_4404a

DSA_4409a

DSA_4423a

DSA_4443a

DSA_4576a

DSA_4504a

DSA_4538a

DSA_4526a

DSA_4542a

DSA_4529a

DSA_4553a

DSA_4583a

DSA_4557a

DSA_4580a

DSA_4593a

DSA_4608a

Martin

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Really nice shots Martin! Interested to see what sort of angles you get from being up the western end for the departures. I do like that head on shot of the Estonian Skytruck & the Finns & Belgians lining up on the hold. Nice to see the top side of that German Tornado. As I do the shuttle bus thing for the main show I have to tootle off home the Sunday evening. I'll have to put some of mine up.

Martin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Really nice shots Martin! Interested to see what sort of angles you get from being up the western end for the departures. I do like that head on shot of the Estonian Skytruck & the Finns & Belgians lining up on the hold. Nice to see the top side of that German Tornado. As I do the shuttle bus thing for the main show I have to tootle off home the Sunday evening. I'll have to put some of mine up.

Martin

I'm sold on the western end, Martin. The backgrounds are so much better, there is better proximity and all round it seems more relaxed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...