Wingnut Wings DH.2

Love the rigging, must've taken a while to get it all done. Nice job on the weathering too, it definitely looks the way I imagine old WWI planes to look.

EDIT: Also noticed the roundele on the top wing showing through a bit on the bottom surface to simulate the bleed-through of light on the fabric wings. Very slick.

Edited by NMS Models
  • Like 1

You say it's not perfect but it's not too shabby either. Very nice work and I also like the hint of roundel showing through from the top of the top wing, very subtly done.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Great work Michael, as good as WNW kits are they don’t fall together when there is so much rigging involved. It’s what makes them stand out though, and it’s a real eye-catcher on the display shelf.

I built this myself a while ago now and it’s still probably my favourite WW1 plane.

Regards

JA.

• Like 1

Wow, all that rigging is phenomenal. That would drive me nuts if I wasn't already nuts. Can you imagine flying that baby? Not sure I would get into it. Back to the model - your build may not be perfect in your understanding, but it is superb craftsmanship indeed. One to be proud of!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Yeah, I think that qualifies as "adequate" 😉

I've been wanting to attempt one of these ever since I thought it would be "death therapy" for fear of rigging!  Never been a fan of the type previously.  We modelers are a perverse bunch, aren't we?

• Like 1

Consistently outstanding in every way, but the weathering and particularly the oil stains on the tail are what stand out to me.

Something to aspire to...

Rich

Edited by Zephyr
Corrected my grammar
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2022 at 02:51, Michael Taylor said:

Not perfect but I haven't built the perfect one yet. Just happy to have i finished after staring at the box for years....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow.

Alain

• Like 1