1 16th scale Bianchi

One you don't see often.Bought on E bay as part started.Stripped down & removed paint that had been applied. Was a decent kit to work on.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree, both about it being a good build and that the wood paint is especially good.

It's not a car I've heard of before, and I have to say it looks very odd to me - almost as though someone dropped a Hansom cab onto a Silver Ghost...

Thank you . The Drivers floor & instrument panel are real wood . The trunk which I scratch built (the kit one was tiny) is Lego blocks glued together & veneered.Cab is just a paint job with self made decal. I gather very few were made  & the only example left was totally lost in a museum fire. Its a 1906 vehicle. I must mention the late great Harry P of Model Car magazine who was a master at old cars,I have learnt so much from his WIPs  A small aside Bianchi are the worlds oldest bicycle manufacture & their bikes cost a arm & a leg. Sorry the trunk was Lego covered with plastic & painted The reason being I was using the kit curved top. False info we can't have that LOL.

• Like 1

Thank you PhilX.  Edoardo Bianchi  Founder? I think . Harry P even had difficulty finding the year,which was verified as 1906.  The only photo of this car on internet is a very grainy B&W, plus little information. So very much do as you please. Admit I am never a slave to colour authenticity at any time.

Nice model and it looks very grand in the colour scheme you have chosen, the wooden panelling looks great.

Just for fun I could not have helped myself and used some of Bianchi own iconic colour which is known as 'Celeste', a kind of duck egg green; something you either love or hate (I love it).

PhilX - The coat of arms is an eagle with Bianchi name running along the band in the middle. It is Bianchi's logo and trademark, which still used today.

Hi Thank you. The duck egg greenish colour is ok & I thought about it but I have a truck of similar hue already in the display cabinet where this one goes.So that was the reason for rejecting it. Have you seen the price of their bikes Wow !!!"!!! They should be gold plated .

• Like 1

Nice model of a very unusual car. I think it was a Bandai kit released way back in the late 60's or early 70's.

A bit of an oddball subject for a mainstream kit manufacturer to produce at the time, but interesting because it is so different.

You have made a really good restoration job on this model. Using real wood looks so much better than plastic with simulated grain to paint.

The wheels look really good and the use of contrasting colours really brings them to life.

Thank you Noel glad you liked it . Many of these old 1 16th kits had multiple release company's over the years,mine was a Bandai as you thought..

On 27/07/2022 at 21:21, scottydog said:

PhilX - The coat of arms is an eagle with Bianchi name running along the band in the middle. It is Bianchi's logo and trademark, which still used today.

Thank you for the answer.

I was confused because traditionally, the side panels were the place for the car owner's coat of arms and the radiator grille was the place for the constructor's logo.

Here, perhaps the same person, if we suppose it was the personal car of Eduardo Bianchi ... 😉

Edited by PhilX

Hi PhilX Thank you for info. There is very little information on the web re this car & only one photo. So this is solely how I fancied it. Thought the coat of arms livened up the coach . I make no claim to it's authenticity,or for any other part of the build for that matter. Maybe  Edoardo had one for himself,which is quite possible as so few were made I gather.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's lovely and great work on the scratchbuilding. A lovely finish all round and an unusual vehicle.

I'm not disappointed at all, but I was hoping for a Bianchi of the two-wheeled variety before I clicked! As the owner of a Bianchi racing bike I've a spot spot for anything that is related. I'll second your comments on the prices though - when the time came to retire mine and replace it I saved about 30% by opting for a Malaysian manufacturer instead of sticking with Italy. 

Thank you .For me the price of the bikes  is OTT but then again when I had a bike it cost about £75. When the son who is a biker told me how much he paid for his  it brought it into perspective. It was many many times my £75 He played bass guitar too are they connected LOL