R35 - My first scale model ever

I've finally got a bit of time to work on one of the figures.

I'm not sure I should post that here or if I should move this thread to figure painting ?

I started by doing the pant and the leather jacket. 

I've carefully glazed 2 or 3 coats and I made sure to not cover completely the zenithal under coat. 

For the pant, Base coat : Light Mud. / High lights : Light mud + Ivory / Shadow / Light mud + Black

To simulate the leather on the Jacket, I applied a base coat of Red Brown. I used wood grain to push the shadow. For the high light I did several coat of dry brush of mix of my base coat with more and more orange brown. The final coat was pure orange brown. 

I finally did a edge high light on all the pockets and sewing details with a sandish colour.

IMG-2844.jpg  

IMG-2845.jpg

I felt  the jacket was too red, so I applied a glaze of Chocolate brown to bring back the brown colour. It also unifies all the colours.

I did pretty much the same thing on the holster and the belt but with different tone of brown to have colour variation. 

IMG-2848.jpg  

IMG-2849.jpg 

Unfortunately, by the time I was done with the body, I had to leave to not miss the train.

If only models where free, I wouldn't have to go work ! 😛 

Next objective (whenever I'm back home), the head and the other guy!

Edited by rilaxx
  • Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your feedbacks!!! 

Now that I've finished the vehicle and the two tankers, I can work on the diorama. 

I want to make something fun with a light mood. 

Maybe the tank could be stuck by something unexpected ? 😛

I sketched out the basic position of all the characters on a piece of extruded foam. 

IMG-2964.jpg

I realised I had to assemble the cow completely to know where it's looking at before I can move forward. 

It came from kit I found on eBay. It was pretty horrible to assemble. Nothing fitted together at all. I had to use a lot of putty to smooth out everything. I'll probably have more clean up to do when I'll paint this beast.

IMG-2965.jpg

IMG-2966.jpg

After this was done, I reduce the size of the base and to make the scene more compact. A slope un in the foreground and a hill in the background. 

IMG-2968.jpg

I'll put a broken fence from where the cow escaped. 

Finally, I build a tree from dry wood and plastic putty, and I framed everything with balsa wood. 

IMG-2969.jpg

To be continued....

Edited by rilaxx
  • Like 7