F4F-4 Wildcat, Arma Hobby 1/72

Hello all, this is my latest completion, Arma Hobby's 1/72 F4F-4 Wildcat, built in the markings of John.L ."Smitty" Smith's aircraft, White 2 (Guadalcanal, 1943).

This kit was the most complex one I've built yet, there were lots of small and thin parts for the internal structure and landing gear (which I broke by accident, but managed to fix by inserting a metal pin to reinforce it).

The detail in the kit is great and the engine is fantastic. The model was painted with Ak real colors acrilycs; the decals used are the kits', though I modified the numbers because this scheme doesn't come in the box. The model was weathered with a silver pencil, tamiya weathering powders and tamiya enamel washes.

The aftermakets used were eduard PE and brass tube for the gun barrels. The figure is from the CMK set, US Navy F6F Hellcat Pilot and Mechanic

Hope you enjoy it!

Oompa Loompa

KxszaOXG_o.jpg

oWVTKU4A_o.jpg

vlzJuaJ2_o.jpg

xjOqjZUZ_o.jpg

ZHbkpB8g_o.jpg

rkAYv3g8_o.jpg

doFeo5py_o.jpg

qUjbNKZ1_o.jpg

JSmOqYqt_o.jpg

1Eq1AA2D_o.jpg

eMgc67dG_o.jpg

A2dw0FrL_o.jpg

06Cpxb0K_o.jpg

PmEV2jHW_o.jpg

Kle2cjSm_o.jpg

p39DbQZH_o.jpg

dFUnSxS3_o.jpg

MEfRCvrD_o.jpg

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

What a brilliant build.

You really can't tell its a 72 scale model, which i think is one of the highest compliments i can pay. I just love it. Brilliantly staged and photographed.

-d-

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Oompa Loompa modelers said:

Hello all, this is my latest completion, Arma Hobby's 1/72 F4F-4 Wildcat, built in the markings of John.L ."Smitty" Smith's aircraft, White 2 (Guadalcanal, 1943).

This kit was the most complex one I've built yet, there were lots of small and thin parts for the internal structure and landing gear (which I broke by accident, but managed to fix by inserting a metal pin to reinforce it).

The detail in the kit is great and the engine is fantastic. The model was painted with Ak real colors acrilycs; the decals used are the kits', though I modified the numbers because this scheme doesn't come in the box. The model was weathered with a silver pencil, tamiya weathering powders and tamiya enamel washes.

The aftermakets used were eduard PE and brass tube for the gun barrels. The figure is from the CMK set, US Navy F6F Hellcat Pilot and Mechanic

Hope you enjoy it!

Oompa Loompa

KxszaOXG_o.jpg

oWVTKU4A_o.jpg

vlzJuaJ2_o.jpg

xjOqjZUZ_o.jpg

ZHbkpB8g_o.jpg

rkAYv3g8_o.jpg

doFeo5py_o.jpg

qUjbNKZ1_o.jpg

JSmOqYqt_o.jpg

1Eq1AA2D_o.jpg