Airfix 1/72nd scale Bristol F.2b Fighter, RCMP/RCAF on skis, from 'Death Hunt'...

John Masters

Nice to see your rigging technique in action, John, taking notes for the day when I finally feel brave enough to tackle a biplane! Do you just spot some paint over the exit wounds (sorry, best description I could think of) on the outsides of the wings after trimming, or do they need a dot of filler as well?

James

12 hours ago, 81-er said:

Do you just spot some paint over the exit wounds (sorry, best description I could think of) on the outsides of the wings after trimming, or do they need a dot of filler as well?

Aha...may your question be answered sir!  After I carefully (carefully) trim the ends of the monofilament with a new blade I fill the holes, top and underside, with some filler.  I run my finger over the top to make sure the trimmed ends are flush, especially where the roundels will go.  No one like monofilament ends ripping their decals...

52426142130_bb9e406fc4_z_d.jpg

This dries very quickly so a bit of paint over the top finishes that process.

Stretched sprue for the cross braces.  Not perfect, but from 75cm it looks great!  Looks like I'll have to touch up the 'wood' on the bottoms of those struts!

52425685016_5f9a2ea2c7_z_d.jpg

Might as well mount the Hollywood "Browning"...

52425181512_af7da0cc8d_z_d.jpg

Skis...Evergreen...

52425685006_f5c1e04312_z_d.jpg

Here's a good view of where I am at the moment...

52425685036_15c2dd30e5_z_d.jpg

I'll leave it there for the night.  I really let that CA set up before I paint the skis, make final touch-ups on various painted surfaces...decals and prop are all that's left.

--John

• Like 6

Almost there!   

52426624746_e127efc428_o_d.jpg

Yes...I know...folks with Obsessive Rigging Disorder (ORD) will say, 'What about the control horns?  What about this/that/the other thing...?'  Ah, well...suspend disbelief please.  It's only a model of a fake aircraft from a movie.  😄

--John

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

And very good model as well .

Martin H

Thank you Martin.  It is all done actually.  Prop just went on after I gave the aircraft a quick airbrush of satin varnish to even out the surfaces.  I'll get some pictures in the gallery tomorrow.

• Like 1

I need get some kind of backdrop with snow...a piece of kitchen roll didn't look good.

52434282346_725e72b713_c_d.jpg

The rest are in the gallery!  Thank you to the Mods and all the others for a fun GB.  Ans, as luck would have it, I am sick with the flu this week, the weather outside ghastly and so I have have cancelled all my travel plans for the week.

Cheers!

John

• Like 3

• 3 months later...