Bond Bug

This looks mahvelous! :clap2:

Seriously, the detail is quite extraordinary. 

1 hour ago, Bengalensis said:

Then the last ignition wire could be connected to the coil.

BB85.jpg

Probably loud and toasty in the cabin...

• Like 7

To echo what is already said: exquisite and stunning! 😲👏👏

And thanks for the tip about having wine the night before modelling in the morning. It clearly helps! I'll have to remember that one! 😄🍷

Nick

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow that's Awesome, what a great catch up.  Looks absolutely stunning, still not sure I'd like to drive one though!!!

Great work 

Chris

Thanks a lot Chris! I'm sure the drive is exciting 😎

22 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I agree with Chris - on both things....!! :)

Keith

Many thanks Keith! But weren't you putting one on the shopping list? No, I mixed that up... 😎

21 hours ago, Spiny said:

Lovely work here. I must say though that that lone front coil spring just looks so odd without its wheel. 😆

Thanks a lot! It only gets a little better with the wheel is fitted, still half a of descent front suspension is missing 😎

21 hours ago, dnl42 said:

This looks mahvelous! :clap2:

Seriously, the detail is quite extraordinary. 

Probably loud and toasty in the cabin...

Thanks you very much! I'm sure you're correct, what little insulation there is can't help much. But that would help make the driving experience more exciting, probably feels like 80 when doing 40.

19 hours ago, klubman01 said:

That is coming together very nicely. Great workmanship.

Trevor

Many thanks Trevor, it means a lot when you think so!

9 hours ago, Neddy said:

It certainly is a beautiful piece of work - great paintwork and exquisite detailing.

Thanks a lot for your kind praise, glad you like the work!

8 hours ago, Fnick said:

To echo what is already said: exquisite and stunning! 😲👏👏

And thanks for the tip about having wine the night before modelling in the morning. It clearly helps! I'll have to remember that one! 😄🍷

Nick

Thanks a lot Nick! It's the everyday procedure here, wine is always good for everything 🍷🍷🍷😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I managed to get a little done today as well. The exhaust creation was finished.

BB87.jpg

And it got a base coat of paint sprayed.

BB88.jpg

The top section got the windows fitted, again glued from inside with Kristal Kleer, then the mirror, wiper and washer nozzle was added.

BB89.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

But weren't you putting one on the shopping list? , No, I mixed that up... 😎

Yes you certainly did....!! 🤣

I'll just admire yours from afar! :) (and there's an awful lot to admire!)

Keith

• Like 1

I've had some busy days with not much time at the work bench, but today a little have been done. The exhaust has been painted.

BB90.jpg

Soon it was also installed.

BB91.jpg

The tax disc was also applied.

BB92.jpg

The seats were finished with the head rests and side padding glued in place. I had to rig the whole thing at an angle to prevent the parts from slowly drifting away while the epoxy cured, so if you get a weird feeling from this photo it's due to the camera being held upside down...

BB93.jpg

The last parts of the interior were the steering wheel with column and its mount.

BB94.jpg

BB95.jpg

• Like 13

On 06/09/2022 at 20:19, Pete in Lincs said:

It's looking great. I saw a Toyota Aygo in the same colours yesterday!

BTW, during the summer they were often to be seen driving around without the 'doors'. Even more fun!

Thanks a lot Pete!

Without doors is probably how I'd like drive mine. Exciting it must be.

On 06/09/2022 at 20:44, bigbadbadge said:

It does look really good, what a cracking paint finish and the chrome surrounds a wiper look the biz.

Great job

Chris

Many thanks Chris, you are most kind!

On 06/09/2022 at 23:41, keefr22 said:

Yes you certainly did....!! 🤣

I'll just admire yours from afar! :) (and there's an awful lot to admire!)

Keith

Thanks a lot Keith, I'm happy to provide!

17 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

That's a surprise to me. For decades I have thought the engine was in the back. (I've never been very interested in cars.)

Looking at this thing from the outside for the first time it's not really obvious where the engine is placed.

• Like 1

I would like to get this finished today, it should be possible. The headlights, indicators and front license plate where glued first and left to dry for a while.

BB96.jpg

Later on the rear lights and license plate were also glued and left alone to dry.

BB97.jpg

I have never been completely happy with red bug decal on the rear hatch. When printing the decals I forgot to include something that is essential with some colours using the Alps printing technique; to include a second decal rotated 90° on the sheet, to prevent most of the diagonal pixel pattern that can be visible with only one. So I had to start the printer again. While I was at it I also drew and printed the scripts, in some different alternatives, for another of my future three wheel projects, the TVC-15 kit of the Fuji Cabin.

BB98.jpg

With the second red decal applied it is still not perfect, but definitely better.

BB99.jpg

• Like 13

The last work was done in the afternoon. The wheels were glued and when the epoxy had cured a little "weight" was applied to them.

BB100.jpg

The mud flaps were fitted next.

BB101.jpg

And finally the rear view mirrors were glued and minor touch ups done.

BB102.jpg

BB103.jpg

I think this will be it. It's been an enjoyable build and I think Airtrax has made a good set of resin parts to base a project on. Thank you all for your support during the work, I have really appreciated it. Some better photos will follow in a few days.

BB104.jpg

BB105.jpg

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Fantastic! Another masterpiece from you.

M.

Thanks a lot Malc, glad you like the work!

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

A fine , fine job you did there Jörgen. I envy your fine motor skills 🙂 

Thanks a lot Jeroen! Some good red wine in the evenings perhaps helps 😎

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Absolutely  stunning great workmanship backed up with outstanding paintwork!

Stay safe            Roger

Thank you very much Roger! Perhaps the paint is a bit too glossy, but I'm happy with it and glad you like it.

1 hour ago, klubman01 said:

That is top notch!

Trevor

PS, what is a Fuji Cabin?  Never heard of them.

Many thanks Trevor!

The Fuji Cabin was a Japanese attempt at a small fibreglass three wheeler built in 1957-58 in less than 100 units, most sources say 85. Problems producing good fibreglass shells are mentioned as a reason. It has an interesting slippery shape.

• Like 3