MY FIRST MARITIME

Hello everyone,

this is my first maritime build, about 4 years ago.

Posting this to make an impression (ha ha) to get rate upgraded!

20220723_003723.jpg

20220723_003743.jpg

20220723_003802.jpg

Have to get along time back to provide details, only thing that comes to my mind right now is that the base is made of concrete!

20220723_003904.jpg

I can have it standing on its own

20220723_003925.jpg

Any comments acceptable!

Be Well 

Igkor

• Like 15

Gidday Igkor, I don't know a lot about this era of warship but I think these were quite imposing vessels, and powerful. Well done with the model. Do you have any more done, or planned? Regards, Jeff.

On 23/07/2022 at 12:08, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Igkor, I don't know a lot about this era of warship but I think these were quite imposing vessels, and powerful. Well done with the model. Do you have any more done, or planned? Regards, Jeff.

Ηello Jeff, thanks.

I have done a few, and have about 5 builds on-going(!). Uts just that I start smt before I even finish the previous one...

Right now I am working on the Cutty Sark, u saw in on WIP forum.

Think I post smt  ..

Be Well

Igkor

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/08/2022 at 10:12, Bertie McBoatface said:

It looks good. 

Is the base really concrete?

What ship is it please? And what scale? (It helps if you include some details like these in the title.)

Hello Bertie,

Sorry for 

a. Being late in responding

b. Not including details about the model

For (a) ...work, work, work

Its the high season in the juice industry so my working times are a bit crazy lately

For (b).....The model is DD985 - USS Cushing, a Spruance Class Destroyer, at a scale 1:700.

I originally got it in order to combine it with an aircraft carrier. But since I was a bit in a "hurry" to build it I went and made the base just for it. And yes, it is concrete! Actually I wss in my hometown (actually a small village at 690m height in the mountains) those days and my father was fixing a small wall. So I got the leftovers of concrete he used and turned them into the base....

Kinda regret it to be honest cause its a bit heavy to carry! But its really stabile!

Be Well!

Igkor

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...