Takom P Class Zeppelin

Finished as the L15 that "bombed" my Grandmother and Great Aunt on 13th/14th October 1915. Build thread here: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235101938-zeppelin/page/37/#comment-4452073

155.jpg

156.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

• Like 63
  • Thanks 1

Amazing work Martian, I've enjoyed lurking in the WIP thread, and reading the back story. I remember in the late 70's talking over the fence at my Grandad's to his elderly neighbour, telling me about how as a boy he had once seen 'A Zepp'' over London, and how terrified people were of them.

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past & Present perfectly complementing one another in that gallery of images Martian.

With work of this distinction you'll need to be careful that you don't become classified as a National Planetary Treasure yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This one looks rather wonderful Martian, glad to have been on the trip with you...Good to know this journey might take for ever too!

So many Zeppelins.

And other dirigibles were available.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Viking said:

Amazing work Martian, I've enjoyed lurking in the WIP thread, and reading the back story. I remember in the late 70's talking over the fence at my Grandad's to his elderly neighbour, telling me about how as a boy he had once seen 'A Zepp'' over London, and how terrified people were of them.

Cheers

John

Thanks John. Clearly my Grandmother and Great Aunt weren't frightened of them as they stood in the street arguing about them!

9 hours ago, hopkp said:

Very nice, both the model and the way it's displayed. I also very much enjoyed the 'WIP', the usual mix of daftness and great modelling.....more power to your tentacles!

Thanks Hopkp, it's an example of my philosophy that one does not have to take one's self too seriously and still get a half decent result.

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Past & Present perfectly complementing one another in that gallery of images Martian.

With work of this distinction you'll need to be careful that you don't become classified as a National Planetary Treasure yourself.

Galactic Treasure if you please!

4 hours ago, perdu said:

This one looks rather wonderful Martian, glad to have been on the trip with you...Good to know this journey might take for ever too!

So many Zeppelins.

And other dirigibles were available.

Thanks Bill, there are more to come and I dare say more silliness as well. I hope so as it is the banter and insanity that keeps me going when a build starts to get a bit bogged down. I feel sure that as a "Usual Suspect", you will be helping on that front.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, invidia said:

Looks fantastic 

Thanks Invidia, its not the best thing I have ever done but then the first two Takom kits are very much a learning curve for me, never having built an airship in this scale before and then only one of the Mark1 Models 1/720 kits. As soon as the Takom Q Class has cleared the bench, another P class will be taking its place which will incorporate all the lessons I have learned to date and demonstrating easier ways of building these kits. That said, I love these kits and currently have another three P Class and two Q Class in the stash and will most likely add another of each before I am done.

Addicted of Mars 👽

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Martian said:

Finished as the L15 that "bombed" my Grandmother and Great Aunt on 13th/14th October 1915. Build thread here: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235101938-zeppelin/page/37/#comment-4452073

155.jpg

156.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

Well done.

Alain

• Haha 1

On 23/07/2022 at 16:26, Navy Bird said:

Simply outstanding.    👍  👍  👍

I need more tentacles to do all that intricate work.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, sadly, even on Mars medical science has not reached the stage where tentacle implants are possible.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

What a glorious result for a fascinating subject  👏

Thanks Mike, more on the way.

Martian 👽

On 23/07/2022 at 13:59, Martian said:

That said, I love these kits and currently have another three P Class and two Q Class in the stash and will most likely add another of each before I am done.

Good to see you minding your P's and Q's in a public forum.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Good to see you minding your P's and Q's in a public forum.

I am amazed that it has taken someone so long to come up with that one!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paul Alan Bardell said:

That's really great model work.

What a sight these must have been flying over the UK, I would have liked to see one up close, but don't fancy a flight in one!

B R

:poppy:

Thanks Paul. I wouldn't mind a flight in one, just not when there were a load of angry Brits firing everything they had at it!

Sir Coward de Martian 👽

• Like 1