Cyberhobby/Dragon Panzer II Ausf. F

This is a kit I started almost a decade ago, then lost interest and haven’t touched it in more than five years.  I’m working on another Pz II, so I pulled this out of mothballs to see if I could  finally finish it. I added some washes to the interior so I can complete that part of the build and close up the hull.

52234124019_699fd2b93a_b.jpg

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 5

This looks very familiar! I was working on one of these when I last gave up modelling. I have never finished an interior kit, yet I still keep buying the damn things!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, Ned said:

This looks very familiar! I was working on one of these when I last gave up modelling. I have never finished an interior kit, yet I still keep buying the damn things!

I used to scratch-build at least a partial interior in most of my builds-now that companies are including them, I find them a bit of a hinderance since I tend to get exhausted by the time I finish the inside bits!

• 3 weeks later...

Applied some filters and added final detail parts:

52292017412_31eecee44c_b.jpg 52292999923_ce5a306bfd_b.jpg 52293264544_e85e600af2_b.jpg

After the filters set up, I applied dust/dirt pigments to the lower hull and running gear.  The vehicle is now complete and I will move on to the construction of a display base.

52293486205_49d7e8e400_b.jpg 52292999918_a6c38677ff_b.jpg 52292999928_f76855e89d_b.jpg

It’s only taken eight and a half years to get to this point, but I’m not stopping now until this project is complete!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, vytautas said:

Yes, it's impressive! Looks very convincing.
The top layer of ground, what is this material?

Vytautas

Black air-drying clay.  It’s easy to use but hard to get it not to crack while drying.  I’ll fill the cracks then add groundwork.

• Thanks 1