Hansa Cog by Zvezda in 1/72 scale

All done.

I'll pop some photos in RFI.

Thanks chaps for all your encouragement and for following along, its always nice to have a bit of company.

Jon

• Like 3

Started to do the rigging at 9am this morning and have JUST finished.

It was a very simple build and the rigging was not very complicated, as you'll see.

Jon

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Although, with other things on the horizon, your timing was spot on.

THAT is going to take a LLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time to finish.

Jon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faraway said:

Started to do the rigging at 9am this morning and have JUST finished.

It was a very simple build and the rigging was not very complicated, as you'll see.

Jon

Thats a full working day then. My dog would never allow that. 

• Like 1

Thought you might be interested in news that a recently explored wreck off the Dorset coast has turned out to be the oldest ever found in British waters. It has just been officially protected. It's a 13th century trading vessel, carrying stone mortars and carved purbeck marble gravestones. While not a Cog, it follows the same general form, and gives a fascinating insight into the nature of seagoing trade around England in medieval period. An amazing discovery! https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/news/three-rare-shipwrecks-protected/

Good to see someone building the Cog kit. It's a nice kit, but you rarely see people building it.

Will 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, steve5 said:

you are a fast worker jon , and the ship looks great .

Truth be told, it didn’t have a lot of parts and the rigging was very simple.

Jon

1 hour ago, steve5 said:

I was at my LHS 200 k's away , buying the 1/200 yamato , and I saw this . couldn't go past it

Gidday Steve, I think you should have put the 1/200 Yamato back on the shelf and bought a 1/72 version. 😁 It would have made a nice size comparison with the Kogge. But yeah, Jon's builds are inspiring, yours too. Practicing what I preach, I wonder how big the Kogge would be in 1/600 scale.

Regards, Jeff.

P.S. - I've just rescaled a model. At 1/600 scale she'd be 52mm long, 24mm wide and 40mm high. Hmmm, an interesting thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve5 said:

I was at my LHS 200 k's away , buying the 1/200 yamato , and I saw this . couldn't go past it . your build inspired me , wont start it till next year , 

spacer.png

I hope you enjoy building it, there are not a lot of parts and most of them fit together well.

Jon