U-2540 Type XXI U-Boot. Revell 1/144

This didn't take long to do and was quite good fun. Certainly different from any of my previous builds.

The parts fit was very good, as is the detail and no flash, unusually for me I didn't use any PE extras, there is a set but was more expansive than the kit, so I build her OOB. Which probably accounts for why it didn't take too long to build.

And, also unusually for me, I didn't use Colourcoats paint. I used what ever Tamiya Acrylic I had to hand, that was an equivalent to the Revell paint call out.

Once finished I add a wash of dark brown to take the brightness from the paint, sort of works.

For a kit costing around twenty-five quid, I think it came out ok.

p?i=5e60ee10a09cfb12d0a164464067123b

p?i=9e118f9d14f085c56d3a6ff6052e90f7

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I have the impression from following the build, that you had a pleasant relaxed time with this one. It's been very pleasant to read too. And now we see that the result is darned good as well! 

I did, so nice not to have to flit from PE instructions to kit instructions and visa versa. And it was different, bit like the forthcoming build.

Jon

On 21/07/2022 at 13:27, Faraway said:

This didn't take long to do

For Pete's sake, I don't sign in for a couple of days and you finish another one!

She's looking real good though, and I bet being able to see her innards gets her a lot more attention than something you slaved over for at least a couple of weeks (months for the rest of us) replete with swear-inducing pe and the like. The wash really brings out the detail too. 

On with the cog then!

David

• Thanks 1