Dambuster 

Austin K2/Y

1/24 Spitfire ix

Bugatti Chiron 

Tempest

1/24 Harrier

He111

1/48 Buccaneer 

Yes, it's fair to say there's no giveaways from the calendar.

Lots more Spitfires.................................:tease:

Jenko now locks himself away in a bomb proof bunker :analintruder:

Ok seriously ...A mk 21 in 1/48........ fills a gap     

Dick

• Haha 1

Some very good suggestions so far 👍

I think a Sepecat Jaguar likely, at what scale, I'm not certain, but I'd hazard a guess at 1/72.

I'd not be surprised if a Panavia Tornado also appeared at some point, also in 1/72...

There's likely to be something for the armour folks in 1/35 on the back of the K2 ambulance success, but what?

Lots of reboxes with different variants of existing kits as well.

For the tent pole release, maybe a big WW2 bomber in 1/72? A B-24 perhaps as they seem to be a tad neglected, or something like a 1/48 Lysander?

For my own personal wishlisting, now that Airfix are more open to downscaling, a new tooled 1/72 Supermarine Walrus. A new tooled Arado Ar196 in 1/72 would be nice too 😊

If I got really carried away a 1/350 Queen Elizabeth/POW would float my boat, but I rather doubt it will eventuate... 🤔

I've just been reading up on the Meteor prior to starting the Airfix 1:48 kit and it struck me that the second most numerous version of the Meteor, the Mk T7 would be a good choice for a kit. Plenty of colourful schemes, numerous overseas users = several boxings. An awful lot of the tool design work from the Mk 8 kits could be reused/adapted as a T Mk 7 would only need a new two-seat nose and tail the rest of the airframe is essentially the same as the Mk 8. As for scale? well Airfix have both 1:72 and 1:48 Meteor kits so why not both? but maybe not in the same year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aeronut22 said:

I've just been reading up on the Meteor prior to starting the Airfix 1:48 kit and it struck me that the second most numerous version of the Meteor, the Mk T7 would be a good choice for a kit. Plenty of colourful schemes, numerous overseas users = several boxings. An awful lot of the tool design work from the Mk 8 kits could be reused/adapted as a T Mk 7 would only need a new two-seat nose and tail the rest of the airframe is essentially the same as the Mk 8. As for scale? well Airfix have both 1:72 and 1:48 Meteor kits so why not both? but maybe not in the same year.

A T.7 would be very welcome

On 10/28/2022 at 3:35 AM, VMA131Marine said:

A new series of Mk. XIV/XVIII in 1/72 to the standard of the Eduard Mk.VIII/IX could be very popular.

And, sadly, beyond what Airfix can achieve using their current business model (attaining that standard, not tackling the subject)

21 hours ago, Black Knight said:

There are some very odd extra clear window panels in the K2 kit which might indicate some sort of other type based on the same rolling chassis may be on its way

It’s very likely that there will be other versions. Gecko Models has already announced other versions of their K2/Y kit.

If I can add my Airfix aircraft wish list... here it goes:

1/48:  Brand new Venom, Jaguar and Harvard T.6

1/72:  Reissue the Swift. Brand new Stirling and Javelin.  What about a nice line of Swedish aircraft?

Vintage:  Skyvan and Banshee. 

• Like 1

Been giving this some thought. It’s proved a lot harder than I thought too come up with even a small wish list. I seem to have kits of most of the subjects I am interested in!

I eventually settled on  the following for new tools.

1/72 Consolidated B-24 Liberator (RAF Coastal Command)

1/72 HP Hampden (RAF Coastal Command)

1/48 Jaguar GR.3 (the existing tooling has beaten me twice)

1/48 dH Sea Venom

1/48 Supermarine Scimitar (Although it seems another manufacturer might be covering this)

Re boxing/Re-releases

1/48 Hunter in some FAA schemes. (Inc Rough Diamonds display team)

1/48 Bedford MWB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Seeing as David Tennant is coming back as Dr Who, Airfix might do a reissue.

Regards

Robert

Similarly, Wallace and Gromit are coming back in 2024, so maybe a reissue of that.

• Like 2

On 05/11/2022 at 10:50, alt-92 said:

Texan AT-6, or Harvard IIB?  They're different beasties from the same evolutionary tree but not the same.

Sorry, maybe I  was wrong.  It would be really nice to have both, but if we're allowed only one wish, then the Texan AT-6.   

Thanks for bringing this up.

Cheers

Juan

@JFM148 No worries :) Although a real Harvard IIB with the extended exhaust & correct canopy is most welcome. 
Maybe Revell should re-re-re-release the Monogram AT-6 again in 1/48.  I really liked building that one. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 12:11, Rabbit Leader said:

Is Captain Scarlet coming back too??? I could do with an Angel Interceptor kit having missed the last release for some unknown reason. 

Cheers.. Dave 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234762732694?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=EAIaIQobChMIybOHlNKc-wIVCOrtCh2uCQPTEAQYBCABEgKWAPD_BwE

Trevor

54 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:
54 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Thanks Trevor, but not at that price! 

• Haha 1

For once I hope not 1/72, as the aircraft is presently more than adequately represented by the excellent Arma kits, and a new 1/72 release from Airfix would do little more than deprive me of an opportunity for an irresponsible impulse buy.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1