Airfix 2023

5 hours ago, Wez said:

Lightning F.1/3

That would be a good choice. Isn't the best one around the Trumpeter which has the usual shape issues associated with Trumpeter kits? 

3 hours ago, Gomtuu said:

1/72 Halifax Bi - The Revell ones are like rocking horse whatnot.

A sure seller

6 hours ago, Greg B said:

1:72 - Short Stirling

Yes please!

• Like 2

Re-release of the Britten Norman Islander in Antarctic scheme and Shorts Skyvan (they should have done it this year as a Argentinian aircraft for the Falklands War)

1:72 Supermarine Seafire FR.47

1:72 Hawker Hunter F.4/F.5/J34

1:72 A-4N Skyhawk Israeli and civilian operators (new fuselage and canopy for the A-4B kit)

All new tools

1/72

Fairey Battle

Lockheed Hudson

Hawker Hart family

Piston Provost

SEPECAT Jaguar

S.A. Jetstream

Westland Lysander

N.A. Harvard IIb 

1/48

Hawker Hart Family

SEPECAT Jaguar

NA. Harvard IIb

Jet Provost/Strikemaster

None of them outrageous or ‘out there’

Trevor

(annual plea for a Balliol)

• Like 1

Sticking to 1/72 Allied WW2, I think the P-47 has to be a likely new tool at some point. A Harvard, Boston, B-24 and Halifax too.

Less likely would be the Battle, Hampden and Stirling, and I'm not sure we'll ever see a Lincoln or Manchester. 

My preferred headline new tool bomber (at least tonight, as I'm reading about them..) would be a B-29. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

My preference for the next Lancaster based plane to be done by Airfix would be the Manchester. We'd then have the complete set of the Whitley, Manchester and Wellington, and the Manchester would take up a lot less space than the considerably larger Lincoln. 

I would be just as happy with that as I would be with a Lincoln. 

• Like 3

Hopefully this isn't a wingy thing exclusive thread, so I'll throw this one in. One of the most used post WW2 vehicles, a Bedford RL in 1/35th. I'd even accept one in 1/48th. But I think that I'm more likely to have a night on the tiles with the Pope. And while we're asking for the impossible, how about a 1/24th Spruce Goose!

John.

• Haha 1

I predict there will be some plastic model kits 

Some fresher ones for the Vintage Classics

No new ships, no new or re-issues of 1/32 cars or re-issues of the 54mm Collector Series figures

But a 1/48 HP Hampden and a 1/48 Gloster Gladiator

Good game this

• Like 1

I think there's room for a 1:72 Ki-21 Sally in Airfix's range. As far as I'm aware there is no full-run tool in the world after the only previous one sunk in Tokyo Bay many decades ago.

It's just what Airfix need to establish dominance in the Japanese market.

This suggestion isn't entirely serious, but I'm always surprised that one of the most important of WWII bombers keeps on being passed over by manufacturers.

A B29 with Washington markings included as well as US, would please a lot of people on both sides of the water.

A Stirling would make sense, given the other heavyweights that have been updated.

A 100 to 1 outsider would be a 1.48 Mayo Composite, I probably won't have a bet though.

• Like 2

I'd like to see the re-release of all the RAF ground vehicles, but in new 1/72 scale.

1. RAF Emergency Set

2. RAF Refueling Set

3. RAF Recovery Set

Add to this any other British vehicle they originally released in 1/76 scale.

Chris

Good calls on the P-47 - high and low back (separate boxings!) and Boston. Not as if there are no available examples or schemes.

I’d forgotten about re issues. Skyvan would be nice. Bird Dog, Bulldog and Piper Arrow wouldn’t use up much plastic either.

Trevor

I'm glad to see lots of love for a new 1/72 scale Javelin and Sea Vixen. I've been banging on about them since the sublime 1/48 kits appeared from Airfix. I just hope they appear before my eyesight goes and the RRP becomes more than the original 1/48 scale kits!

Duncan B

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

I say the same thing every year,Scimitar ,Scimitar,Scimitar.in gods own 1/72 scale.Come on Airfix you know its got to be done.🙂

Yes please! And a reissue of the Swift with it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

I'm glad to see lots of love for a new 1/72 scale Javelin and Sea Vixen. I've been banging on about them since the sublime 1/48 kits appeared from Airfix. I just hope they appear before my eyesight goes and the RRP becomes more than the original 1/48 scale kits!

Duncan B

They seem like popular choices. Looks to me like the Manchester, Lincoln, Sea Vixen and Javelin are the top 1/72 wishes

• Like 3