A-10A Hobby Boss 1/48

It's the first time I'm making an A-10 in any scale and I was really impressed by this Hobby Boss model, of course with a few flaws, but overall a great model. The biggest drawback is the inner frame of the cockpit cover, where the LAU-105 rocket carrier and the AIM-9 rocket itself are missing details, so I intend to order the ResKit LAU-105. I didn't lighten the colors but I should have because this US markings (star) code is fs 36081 or even black and that's why I didn't even put it on the wings because they're not noticeable, so I'll put black ones when I get them. I had bad luck with a windshield that cracked in half, so I put this florescent film on to make it less noticeable until I replace it.

ig3Kwq8h.jpg

oyERqm7h.jpg

wDZXD5dh.jpg

KLKD8kQh.jpg

gm4wGL8h.jpg

KtZHtZyh.jpg

btE1iSUh.jpg

G3y1d2ih.jpg

Edited by viper-dc
  • Like 58
  • Thanks 1

Great result! I have one of these HB kits and hope it turns out as good as yours. The Euro 1 scheme can be tricky to match so which paints did you use as they look pretty much spot on 👍👍 I believe the 'hogs' used 36081 for the grey which was very dark almost a charcoal colour (and also a different green 34092). Some other Euro 1 schemes used 36118 gunship grey instead (later on anyway) not sure if the A10 went over to this also as some photos do show lighter shades?

That is very impressive!

Great work on the camouflage, how did you do the windscreen tint? It is very realistic :)

On 21/07/2022 at 10:16, HL-10 said:

That is very impressive!

Great work on the camouflage, how did you do the windscreen tint? It is very realistic :)

Thank You.

Thank You.

I used a sticker from the shampoo.

IfMBIOvl.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Warthog! I think your colors look perfect. Matches the photos and planes I've seen. They were built while I was a kids 3 miles from my house. A coworker friend was a field service engineer for them when Fairchild existed. I thought you said you didn't put the 36081 on the wings? I see a dark gray on the wings. Isn't that it?

27 minutes ago, Mycapt65 said:

Very nice Warthog! I think your colors look perfect. Matches the photos and planes I've seen. They were built while I was a kids 3 miles from my house. A coworker friend was a field service engineer for them when Fairchild existed. I thought you said you didn't put the 36081 on the wings? I see a dark gray on the wings. Isn't that it?

I didn't put the markings (star), because they were the same color as the color of the plane's wing (36081). I think the markings should be darker or even black.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:16 AM, HL-10 said:

That is very impressive!

Hasegawa makes these products:

https://www.hlj.com/clear-hologram-finish-hsgtf15

https://www.hlj.com/clear-light-blue-finish-hsgtf928

viper-dc, really nice work! I like the subtle demarcation between the different colors.

• Like 1