Cutty Sark 1:130...upon the wind and waves

Hello Mates!

two months after (gee, good that it is not TEN YEARS AFTER!) I come back providing a feedback on my built.

Thanks again Ray, for the "metal pin" advise, I actually used a plastic one, but unfortunately succeded partially since I got a nice "thunder" shaped mainmast (😬).

spacer.png  Cutty%20Sark%2033.jpg

Anyway, since the american movie scene orders for Greek guys that "THIS IS SPARTA! Never surrender! Never retreat!" (hahaha) I went on with rigging.

So far I think I am done with fore and aft sails and managed to complete today the mizzen mast and main mast 

Cutty%20Sark%2038.jpg Cutty%20Sark%2039.jpg Cutty%20Sark%2034.jpg Cutty%20Sark%2035.jpg

Cutty%20Sark%2036.jpg Cutty%20Sark%2037.jpg

I have added sail rigging and clew lines, since they weren't presented in the kit's manual, based on rigging instructions of a larger model.

Remaining now is the foremast, which hopefully I will complete till the end of week (Hurray!).

Cutty%20Sark%2040.jpg

Still I will have to restore some "accidents" during the process and repaint this beatiful ship.......Waiting for me so long its covered already in dust ....

So, the picture so far is

Cutty%20Sark%2041.jpgCutty%20Sark%2042.jpg

Thanks for the support and sharing of ideas for my build.

I have gained a lot of experience on doing this built (by failures mostly (haha) so I guess there is just one way to get better.....

"DO ANOTHER ONE"

Be Well!

Igkor

• Like 6

16 hours ago, IGKOR said:

I have gained a lot of experience on doing this built (by failures mostly (haha) so I guess there is just one way to get better.....

"DO ANOTHER ONE"

Gidday Igkor, not every idea works, not everything goes to plan, but many things can be learned from errors. And I stress the word "errors", not failures. If you've learned something then it's not a failure.

You've done a very good job of this, and particularly the repair of the broken mast. I also like your seascape, the heavy weather. To me it looks like the weather she'd experience rounding the Horn or in the 'roaring forties' or further south in the Southern Ocean. Very well done.       Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 18:24, Faraway said:

Looks very good.

Now, how about some crew figures ? :whistle:

Jon

Well, why not?

To be honest that thought crossed my mind, but the only "applicable" by means of era figures I could find in the local market are dar too big, pirates 1/32 sxake, 54mm height, almost reaching up to the lower yards of the masts!

Any recommendation on where to find figures with the "correct" size?

Unless I rename the project to "Highjacked by Giants!" 🥴

Just now, IGKOR said:

Well, why not?

To be honest that thought crossed my mind, but the only "applicable" by means of era figures I could find in the local market are dar too big, pirates 1/32 sxake, 54mm height, almost reaching up to the lower yards of the masts!

Unless I rename the project to "Highjacked by Giants!" 🥴

PS. Be Well!

Igkor

On 16/09/2022 at 10:04, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Igkor, not every idea works, not everything goes to plan, but many things can be learned from errors. And I stress the word "errors", not failures. If you've learned something then it's not a failure.

You've done a very good job of this, and particularly the repair of the broken mast. I also like your seascape, the heavy weather. To me it looks like the weather she'd experience rounding the Horn or in the 'roaring forties' or further south in the Southern Ocean. Very well done.       Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

thank you for support and productive feedback.

Much appreciated!

Be Well!

Igkor

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IGKOR said:

It is quite difficult finding crew figures in odd scales, but if you can find figures that are about 14mm tall, I think you’ll be close.

If I came across any I’ll let you know.

Jon

22 hours ago, Faraway said:

It is quite difficult finding crew figures in odd scales, but if you can find figures that are about 14mm tall, I think you’ll be close.

If I came across any I’ll let you know.

Jon

Τhank you Jon.

Think I am gonna try to find something in toy stores....

Be Well!

Igkor

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, 

Finally managed to completed rigging! Connection blocks were handmade from scratch, so it may not be a realistic representation 🤭.

I must admit it has been a hard and "painful" process since it was my first rigging attempt and had some "small" accidents of breaking parts etc. Now I have to restore the damages 😲.

Some repainting is also needed plus adding boats and other parts that were left for later on work.

Here are some photos.....

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

Any comments appreciated!

Be Well!

Igkor

• Like 3