A lot of Corsairs

Hello guys

I am from China and I like corsair very much.These corsairs were build by me between 2010-2013, when I had a lot of personal time. Most of these kits are Tamiya products, and a small part is Hasegawa.All of them are 1/48 scale and OOB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

USMC's-1A,I forgot which squadron it was from, but everyone should have seen a photo of her.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-2,I've always had a question about the F4U-2 - where is its radar display? I haven't found the answer for ten years

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

VF-17,jolly rogers are very popular in Asia, but seem to be less popular in Europe?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-1"Gus's gopher",considering the actual usage scenario, I tried to simulate heavy usage traces.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-5N VMF-513,

I experimented with various dark greys to complete the layering, only solid black was used on the radar fairing. Exhaust pipes look ridiculous, excuse my laziness.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The last one,F4U-5N VC-3

I heard the Japanese call the Corsair and Hellcat's midnight blue the king's blue, so wanted to embellish the midnight blue with a more luxurious shade, unfortunately it failed, the blue looks so weird.

I've shared many works at once, hope this didn't bother you guys, and if it does, I'll fix it. These F4U were build ten years ago, and many traces now seem a bit deliberate. But I can still vividly remember the joy of making it. Hope you like it.

Best wishs

Yuebin

Edited by FlyingPigg
  • Like 68
  • Thanks 1

That's a very nice collection with some beautiful examples. I admire your persistence since the Corsair is a complex plane (model) with many 'hidden' traps for the modeller. Next one an F4U-4?

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

@Dana Bell have you any information on that question?

Sorry - no luck on that one.  All the mods were done in Philly.  I've tried the contract files, the BuAer Corsair files, and the BuAer radar files with no luck at all.  One day I hope to find the RG72 series that covers all the Naval Aircraft Factory modification reports - so much to do, so little time!

Cheers,

Dana

• Thanks 2

As another Corsair fan I  like your collection a lot. Beautifully made.

As for the F4U 2 radar display. I believe from my research that it was situated right below the glareshield and in the  middle of the instrument panel about 15cm diameter. Never saw a photo though. So don't hold me to that statement.

Just a comment on the Bordelon F4U-5N. All the kit instructions and most references and paintings are wrong.

I'm building the Hasegawa kit and came across a couple of  colour  photos which show that radar pod was not black but roughly overpainted with the sea blue over the original off white of the pod, probably at the same time as the markings were oversprayed. Also the anti glare panel was definitely not black but matt sea blue as applied at the factory. Not sure how that myth was started but probably a side view artist misinterpreting a black and white photo.

Keep up the good work. Make  sure you keep  posting pictures.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

Hello guys

I am from China and I like corsair very much.These corsairs were build by me between 2010-2013, when I had a lot of personal time. Most of these kits are Tamiya products, and a small part is Hasegawa.All of them are 1/48 scale and OOB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

USMC's-1A,I forgot which squadron it was from, but everyone should have seen a photo of her.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-2,I've always had a question about the F4U-2 - where is its radar display? I haven't found the answer for ten years

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

VF-17,jolly rogers are very popular in Asia, but seem to be less popular in Europe?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-1"Gus's gopher",considering the actual usage scenario, I tried to simulate heavy usage traces.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

F4U-5N VMF-513,

I experimented with various dark greys to complete the layering, only solid black was used on the radar fairing. Exhaust pipes look ridiculous, excuse my laziness.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The last one,F4U-5N VC-3

I heard the Japanese call the Corsair and Hellcat's midnight blue the king's blue, so wanted to embellish the midnight blue with a more luxurious shade, unfortunately it failed, the blue looks so weird.

I've shared many works at once, hope this didn't bother you guys, and if it does, I'll fix it. These F4U were build ten years ago, and many traces now seem a bit deliberate. But I can still vividly remember the joy of making it. Hope you like it.

Best wishs

Yuebin

Nice, well done

Alain

What a wonderful showcase for the Corsair and all its various marks and colour schemes. Hard to pick a favourite as they are all fabulous. I do like the early birdcage, the Jolly Rogers and the Korean night fighter in particular. Great work and thanks for sharing 👍

18 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

Great looking corsairs sir … Let me dig through my files and see what Ive got on the -2. I think Ive got cockpit photo’s somewhere. 

Ok this is what Ive got on a -2 radar display.

https://www.flightjournal.com/nocturnal-hunter/

From this page I have this. 

The cockpit radarscope, 6 inches around, was located in the center of the instrument panel with the gyro horizon, altimeter, directional gyro and needle ball all clustered around the scope. “The panel was arranged so that at all times you could scan your attitude and altitude indicators,” Lang said. “That was much needed when flying blind.”

From a webpage online a good while ago I found a single photo of a mockup instrument panel. The webpage may have been @Tailspin Turtle’s 

WKbXgVi.png

I hope this helps anyone, and I do hope if this is yours Tailspin you will forgive me for posting the photo ? 

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1