Kinetic 1:48 Sea Harrier FRS1

Hi there,

Here is the latest from the bench. Out of the box except for the Eduard cockpit.

An average kit, poor fit between fuselage and wings and awful instructions. Great decals.

Aircraft ZA177 flown by David "Mog" Morgan in 1982.

resized_c7678e0a-31c7-4549-b7b8-2c895b56

resized_6a2f6686-89a2-4b68-b251-eea053c6

resized_1628275b-b2b0-4d4a-856c-02534bf2

resized_6c7fca09-6bb9-42ae-9499-34a0aacc

resized_319a363d-0571-4eb5-9e4c-97508560

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Thats beautiful, love the way you've done the over-painted squadron badge on the tail.

Very nicely turned out SHar.

Eng 

• Mike changed the title to Kinetic 1:48 Sea Harrier FRS1

Thanks for the feedback folks. I should mention that the markings were finished following advice from Mog, the pilot who flew this plane in the Falklands conflict.

For info, i inserted a thick brass rod inside the fuselage just above the forward nozzles that was wide enough to push the fuselage sides apart about 1mm, just enough to permit the wing to sit almost correctly. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 5:55 AM, DrumBum said:

Thanks for the feedback folks. I should mention that the markings were finished following advice from Mog, the pilot who flew this plane in the Falklands conflict.

For info, i inserted a thick brass rod inside the fuselage just above the forward nozzles that was wide enough to push the fuselage sides apart about 1mm, just enough to permit the wing to sit almost correctly. 

Oh dear.....sounds like there's a bit involved in putting one of these together.  I plan to build one one day.

It's come up real good though., Nice one!

Cheers

Gaz

1 hour ago, Calum said:

No images showing here either

I had to click on them and then click on the little "no image" icon in the middle of the screen to see them.

• Like 1

Nicely done. Great finishing

I recently completed the same kit.  The kit is disappointing with poor fit around the wing especial in the fuselage / underside wing join so congratulations in getting yours done..

• 1 year later...