Question about the status of Dora Wings

Tail-Dragon

Has anyone heard anything about the status of Dora Wings?

I am aware there is a war on, however other Ukrainian manufacturers are still operating, and Ukrainian hobby shops are still shipping.

The reason I'm asking is that I see announcements from Dora Wings about forthcoming projects (i.e. the DHC-2 Beaver) indicating that there is someone there, but orders remain unfulfilled after 3 months.

I'm perfectly happy waiting if they remain shut down due to the war, I'm just curious how they are researching and developing new projects at this time.

The logistics of developing new kits is much simpler than producing kits with all the extras like boxes needed. Shipping in and out of the Ukraine is pretty erratic recently but stuff is still moving. Certainly in the UK a couple of outlets seem to have no issue getting kits from them but that could be down to bulk trade orders getting done first. 

The demand for the CW21 seems to have caught them out though so there will be delays while a new batch is made. In my experience the wait will be worth it.

So, is your problem that you ordered somethings and are still waiting?  Did you try contacting Dora Wings directly to ask them? Or, try their Facebook page (which still seems active).  I've ordered multiple packages from Ukraine since the war started, but not from Dora Wings.  One took a several months longer than expected, to the point I was surprised it showed up at all, but usually it's been closer to a month.

Well, Ievgen has been pretty open about his status so I don't think I am violating opsec here, however he is in the army.  Other Ukrainian makers I am familiar with are operating with reduced manpower or are in more "home guard" roles, which is enabling them to keep things flowing.  I know Ievgen has things in development and releases planned for after the summer, personally I am amazed he is able to plan anything at all given the situation he is working under.  If he owes you something I am certain he or his wife (which is pretty much the entirety of Dora Wings, AFAIK) will sort it out.  They are good people in a bit of a difficult circumstance right now.

• Like 6