Italeri 1/72 F-15c.

Hi folk's,got a lot on with hosting and contributing to the Revell/Monogram GB and other GB's but wanted to take part in this one as

a lover of the F-15 so ordered the well proven Italeri offering currently on re-release,nice kit and a sensible scale to drop in and out

of when time permits,usual sprue shots when time permits.

• Like 4

Hi folk's,kit arrived(with thanks to Jadlam) and inside what I presume is the ESCI mould? Anyway it's very nice and simple and shall be finished in the IDF

scheme.

20220721_202901

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,kit arrived(with thanks to Jadlam) and inside what I presume is the ESCI mould? Anyway it's very nice and simple and shall be finished in the IDF

scheme.

20220721_202901

Nice choice Steve Id go with Israeli myself but the Saudi decals do look good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nice, thinking about getting this one just for the decals, might even built it on seeing how you get on :) 

Give me a shout if you want the spare decals Stu I'm only using the IDF set leaving three other's.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, Rob G said:

Apparently it's an Italeri original. Tamiya thought it good enough to put their badge on it, too. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1415-f-15c-eagle--1145490

Scalemates being "user-generated" content is not infallible on kit provenance - does this one have raised or recessed panel lines? Do the exhausts include a "burner can" inside the fuselage, or stop blank at the point the cans attach?  Recessed lines and burner cans are ESCI features (though I've heard unconfirmed reports Italeri revised to scribed lines at some point in their tooling's history).

I think Tamiya's choice to rebox Italeri has more to do with the business case of selling subjects not in their own product line than any endorsement of quality (as an example, Tamiya reboxed Italeri's barely average F-16 before they released their own outstanding take).  I've talked with others that have more love for it than I do, but I've always assessed the Italeri 1:72 Eagles as rather mediocre.  It can build up OK and has the virtue of being relatively inexpensive, but nowhere near top-of-the-line.  Overall I prefer the ESCI/AMT version as a "best buy" for the cheap end of the options.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 4:54 AM, CT7567 said:

I think Tamiya's choice to rebox Italeri has more to do with the business case of selling subjects not in their own product line than any endorsement of quality (as an example, Tamiya reboxed Italeri's barely average F-16 before they released their own outstanding take). 

Tamiya also reboxed an Italeri F-4G. 

Still, this F-15 looks nice enough and if you're not too critical you can get away with it. Certainly beats the GWH for price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 3:54 AM, CT7567 said:

Recessed lines and burner cans are ESCI features (though I've heard unconfirmed reports Italeri revised to scribed lines at some point in their tooling's history).

I think there may be some truth in this, the Italeri kit in this build is definitely not the ESCI kit of which I have several, although the Italeri kit that I have has raised panel lines that are just as exaggerated as the Matchbox "mad trencher". 

Clive

• Like 1